I got to remix QUEENSRYCHE!

Even the almighty bruce dickinson sings out of tune from time to time. I dont see nothing wrong in using pitch correction, the problem it´s when is overused for all the kind of shits, such as the length of the words, vibrato e.t.c everywhere in whole vocal track.

Sure, that's why you do another take... don't automatically reach for pitch correction. The performances were spectacular, and pitch correction wasn't needed.

LOL ... I found the reaching for the pitch correction comment amusing. Considering it is tate, you probably needed it .... thats why you reached for it ;)

Was hoping the was the Real queensryche not the hack band tate put together.

Congrats for getting your hands on it! Boo Hoo for it being the one noone will listen too :(

Digging the dry tracks out of the Pro Tools session wasn't much fun & the cromdamned thing crashed about 4 times in one night. The whole experience was a good reminder of why I fucking despise Pro Tools. If it's the "industry standard" then it's no wonder the industry is in such trouble.

The problem it's not stable on windows.....
Windows and PT is a huge fail, I had to buy a mac to get the real deal!
Thanks for sharing some info about the mix Glenn ;)

LOL ... I found the reaching for the pitch correction comment amusing. Considering it is tate, you probably needed it .... thats why you reached for it ;)

Was hoping the was the Real queensryche not the hack band tate put together.

Congrats for getting your hands on it! Boo Hoo for it being the one noone will listen too :(

Yeah, sad to say, the Geoff Tate you're talking about, Glenn, isn't the Tate you mixed. Tate has tons of trouble staying in key these days, just watch live performances of his hack band or the horrible rendition of Eyes of a Stranger he did on a radio show recently. He needs pitch correction these days badly, on top of a lot vocal training. On top of that, none of the people who are QR are on that performance save for Tate himself, though the drums are either Paul Bostaph or Simon Wright, so that is something worth celebrating.

It sucks (at least, IMO) that you mixed on the Tateryche album that will flop, but no doubt your mix will be a redeeming factor of the album.

EDIT: Listening to that preview, it's not bad at all, but Tate ruins it.

It doesn't matter guys! Sure, Tate is a taint, and he may have a band of "hacks," but I know I would personally love to mix something recorded in what was surely a luxurious environment with hand picked session musicians that, for the most part, have laid down tracks on some respectable releases. Congrats man, for us smaller guys that "grew up" on these forums and followed several of your guides, seeing you get work like this just really feels like a win for all of us and gives us something to aspire to. Rock the fuck on man!!!

eeing you get work like this just really feels like a win for all of us and gives us something to aspire to. Rock the fuck on man!!!

That really made my day! Thank you so much!

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words as well, it's truly been an honor to have been part of this project.

-0z-

Is that your mix? It doesn't sound too shabby. They really should have gotten you to do the re-recording of Empire. That was just horrid.

Yes, it's my mix. I didn't get to pick & choose anything, I just did the best I could with what they gave me... Truthfully, it's probably the best mix I've ever done.

I think Geoff announced that everybody that doesn't like the mixes on that album can return it and get a new one with new mixes. What's that Glenn? Is your mix on the "old" or the new album? I've got the old one and it sounds alright.