I guess we don't spend enough time in the UM Iron Maiden forum...

Thanks toast for posting your experiences at our shows...

I don't lose sleep over peeps who think we should all look like "Coors Lite Models" in order to have the right to play and perform music live. We are musicians not actresses or models. Plus this is America where we have the opportunity to do what we want. We look the way we look. We play Maiden because we love to play Maiden. (Thank God we can in this country too).

Nuff said.

PS...No one in the band is a dyke either. Hehehe...Could make a joke here but it would be inappropriate....so nevermind.

hahaha

I've been to the Maiden board and posted a number of Pro-Maidens messages in various threads there. In one of the threads, Mark (Mr. UM) agreed with me the Maidens ROCK!
cool.gif

I missed posting in the thread you reference, so I'll have to go there and throw in my 2 cents as well.:)

Bruce Chickinson said:
Somebody over there thinks that because we play Maiden we want to be men. Nope...we are girls who wnat to play Maiden. Getting sex changes never comes into the picture...we just aren't letting gender stop who we choose to cover.

Thank God! Besides, ya'll would make lousey lookin' men :loco:

Bruce Chickinson said:
Thanks toast for posting your experiences at our shows...

(snip)

PS...No one in the band is a dyke either. Hehehe...Could make a joke here but it would be inappropriate....so nevermind.

hahaha

Just so you know I'm still not pulling any punches. If you gals were anything less than a top notch act I wouldn't be singing the praises...

He does have a point though. The sound clips on the website are not as good as they should be, so a lot of the nuances are lost in the translation. The trooper video has about the best sound, but even it is missing a little bit of edge... only a good studio session will rectify that problem!

I left the dyke thing alone, as I just thought that was trolling and hence a job for Smylex to deal with! I've met all of your SO's and am glad to see you all happily in love!

;)

Snausages said:

You GO, Gary! What these idiots don't understand (and yes, they are idiots IMO because they have NOT experienced a Maidens show) is that these women are MUCH more talented/professional than MOST of the MALE tribute bands AND original bands out there! They have a great work ethic and and are dedicated to what they do. And they DON'T use (i.e., they don't NEED) samples/loops! I have seen plenty of female tribute bands, who will go unnamed, and the Maidens are by far the best of them!

Hey, how's the sunburn recovery coming along?

Mr Toast said:
He does have a point though. The sound clips on the website are not as good as they should be, so a lot of the nuances are lost in the translation. The trooper video has about the best sound, but even it is missing a little bit of edge... only a good studio session will rectify that problem!

;)

Yeah but we don't have Martin Birch as a producer and aren't made of money for studio sessions. Those tracks are live. They are what they are...I like them. Trust me...we wanted more drum mics and mixing but we didn't get it...those tracks are very raw...

With the added drum mics you bet your ass Linda's fills would knock the living shit out of you.

Actually that guy hadn't checked the site since we had our old clips of us live at the Galaxy which none of us were happy with.

Bruce Chickinson said:
Yeah but we don't have Martin Birch as a producer and aren't made of money for studio sessions. Those tracks are live. They are what they are...I like them. Trust me...we wanted more drum mics and mixing but we didn't get it...those tracks are very raw...

With the added drum mics you bet your ass Linda's fills would knock the living shit out of you.

Actually that guy hadn't checked the site since we had our old clips of us live at the Galaxy which none of us were happy with.

I'm not disagreeing at all. After all, you gals are on a budget - it isn't like you have millions of dollars coming in on an album deal or something (so you can pay for the studio time for the better sound). You have still managed to accomplish quite a bit with the limited budget a tribute band has to work with though!!!

I can't think of any other tribute act (or a lot of original bands for that matter) that have made it as far as you gals in notoriety, and 90% of bands out there don't have the amount of goodies you have amassed on the Maidens website. Keep up the good work!!!
:D

Bruce Chickinson said:
Somebody over there thinks that because we play Maiden we want to be men. Nope...we are girls who play Maiden. Getting sex changes never comes into the picture...we just aren't letting gender stop who we choose to cover.

I'll admit that at first I was a bit skeptical on an all female Maiden tribute band. I mean, metal is suppose to be guys,right? :erk:

Well, I'm happy to say that you (the band as a whole) proved me wrong. Although I have yet to witness a live show, I have DL songs from past shows and I must say that you easily surpassed my expectations.

One funny ass time I dl some fella heckeling the band. Guess he was singing/yelling after every song you guys played...a high pitched yodel or something :p

Having visited a number of various band and other message boards I find one thing in common with most is each, a group of people (usually small) who who like to bitch. Not constructive feedback, just thoughtless diatribe. I've seen bands who have had to pull down their own message boards because of their own "fans" behavior. This is one of the reasons I like this board, not only do I like the band and musicians and as people, but I also like the people who post here. There's a level of maturity and community that is rare, but refreshing. Spending a lot of time trying to change these other nay-sayers minds is like pissing in the wind. In fact, they seem to feed on it. I don't search them out and tend to ignore them, unless they cross my path directly and I speak my truth and leave it at that. If you have to "sell" the Maidens or anything for that matter on someone it usually not worth it. But... that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Shannara said:
One funny ass time I dl some fella heckeling the band. Guess he was singing/yelling after every song you guys played...a high pitched yodel or something :p

Ahh, good ol' Ted. Ted's usually at the L.A. shows with his high-pitched "AAAAAAAAAAAAA". I really think he should be in a band. He is also the cause of one of this forum's most popular threads. :Spin:

Bruce Chickinson said:

I hear that Eddie's into chicks... little birdie told me...

Anyway, messageboarders will always have their opinions. I always find it funny that whenever a female is involved, the discussion always goes 100% on how the band/performer looks. The only time I've seen people fret about the appearance of a male performer is when I saw Symphony X at ProgPower -- everyone kept commenting on Michael Romeo's weight, not his shreddin'.

I had a review of a performance I did with New Eden where near the entire damn thing was a review of my ass, not the band's performance or music. Geeeeezzzzzz.... I can't believe a website agreed to print that review.

It's sad that in this society much of a woman's worth is based on her appearance, not her talent or her mind. Large women are viewed as stupid, lazy, and indulgent, or even worse, scary. Women who are not widely viewed as attractive have to fight ten times as hard to get half the attention that an attractive woman does. And in show business, its much worse. everyone wants to see an attractive performer. And of course, everyone has their own opinion.

Regardless, the people on that other thread who were making dyke comments about the maids' appearance seem to be the minority. Most of the comments that I hear or overhear are quite the opposite.

:)

bassbitch said:
I had a review of a performance I did with New Eden where near the entire damn thing was a review of my ass, not the band's performance or music. Geeeeezzzzzz.... I can't believe a website agreed to print that review.
While there is not scientific backing, looking at that part does not appear to cause any significant eye damage. However, I'd have focused on how the hell does Mel play so well and keep the loverley long locks out of the strings! Or not trip on them! :D

bassbitch said:
I hear that Eddie's into chicks... little birdie told me...

Anyway, messageboarders will always have their opinions. I always find it funny that whenever a female is involved, the discussion always goes 100% on how the band/performer looks. The only time I've seen people fret about the appearance of a male performer is when I saw Symphony X at ProgPower -- everyone kept commenting on Michael Romeo's weight, not his shreddin'.

It's sad that in this society much of a woman's worth is based on her appearance, not her talent or her mind. Large women are viewed as stupid, lazy, and indulgent, or even worse, scary. Women who are not widely viewed as attractive have to fight ten times as hard to get half the attention that an attractive woman does. And in show business, its much worse. everyone wants to see an attractive performer. And of course, everyone has their own opinion.

Regardless, the people on that other thread who were making dyke comments about the maids' appearance seem to be the minority. Most of the comments that I hear or overhear are quite the opposite.

:)

Well put. :)

Now, you'll have to admit that it's a bit tougher for women (especially in the metal/rock world). Might not be right,just the way it is. Too many narrow minded people out here.
Funny thing is, I/we/the Maiden BB just had a conversation pertaining to this in a thread that kept up for quite a bit.
Too bad some folks can't look past their beliefs or ignorance because ultimately in the end it's them who are at a loss.