I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Vinyls recieved this week...yummy!
recentvinylme9.jpg

You saw a copy of Recordings in a shop and you DID NOT buy it IMMEDIATELY??!!! Are you completely out of your mind??!!!!!!!!!!!!! :OMG:

It's not as rare/valuable as XM, but you can surely make a nice buck with it. At least 60 euro. You'd be lucky if it's still in the shop though..

Your kidding me? why is Recordings so exspensive? i had no idea. im gonna sell mine now! on the back it says limited edition of 20,000 copies. thats a lot of copies so why is it worth so much? i just saw on amazon marketplace someone trying to sell it new for over 300£ :lol: . on ebay its more like 60£ new but with two days left it will probably go way up.

Porcupine Tree, though innovative and original are still mainstream so I wouldn't be surprised if deadwing for instance sold 4 to 5 times more than let's say ehm ghost reveries...without counting the whole p2p thing.
20k copies for a limited edition of PT is not uber rare but it is limited if you're looking at a band of this magnitude.

Your kidding me? why is Recordings so exspensive? i had no idea. im gonna sell mine now! on the back it says limited edition of 20,000 copies. thats a lot of copies so why is it worth so much? i just saw on amazon marketplace someone trying to sell it new for over 300£ :lol: . on ebay its more like 60£ new but with two days left it will probably go way up.
Well, you're right about that, 20.000 copies isn't that limited in my opinion either, but it just so happens to be that it's sold out and you're simply not gonna get a copy on ebay for less than 60/70 euro. Most PT fans are aware of this, so if they would spot a copy in a shop like you did, they would not know how fast they should get their sticky, sweaty little hands on it!
Porcupine Tree, though innovative and original are still mainstream so I wouldn't be surprised if deadwing for instance sold 4 to 5 times more than let's say ehm ghost reveries...
I wouldn't be so sure about that, Opeth are pretty damn big in the meantime.

I wouldn't say porcupine is mainstream at all. Ask most people on the street who PT is and they will give you a blank stair. 20,000 copies is a lot.

maybe you're right...so let's say pre-GR opeth then
I'm sure we all agree opeth weren't that huge before...selling 40k-50k copies of each album in average worldwide.
Their big break came with Blackwater Park, but they definitely made another step up (as for popularity) by signing to Roadrunner. PT is now on Roadrunner, so let's see what happens when their new album's released.

@ Bluesky:Deadwing alone sold half a million copies so far, and that's without the additional 5 million people who downloaded it in illegal ways...plus considering the involvment of Steven Wilson in Blackfield and Opeth...I don't think there's truth to your statement...at least by judging the situation in my own country.

Their big break came with Blackwater Park, but they definitely made another step up (as for popularity) by signing to Roadrunner. PT is now on Roadrunner, so let's see what happens when their new album's released.

Damnation and Deliverence though came out after BWP sold around 40K each while BWP sold around 80K...that's why I said in average...
ghost reveries I'm pretty sure sold more than 300K copies worldwide easy and like I said plus 5 million downloaders.:lol:
so yeah I agree with you on that...and I'm not sure if to relate the suddenly huge success of opeth to RR being the bastards they are or to the fact that Ghost Reveries is cosiderably better than their previous albums...after all Mikael had to write and rewrite a lot of the stuff in Damnation and Deliverence when they were already recording.

neither PT or opeth are "mainstream," they are simply popular with certain groups of people. The average person doesn't know who they are.

In Israel PT is considered mainstream rock( you got PT running constantly on mainstream radio here)...Opeth is not but opeth are Metal, which is not mainstream by itself here(small community of less than 10000 people)

I see what you mean but israel is very very very small and secondly steve did something with one of your big pop stars.

Steven Wilson's Girlfriend lives here...and the pop star you're talking about is Aviv Geffen who was Rock and not pop as long as I could remember myself.
That something you're talking about is Blackfield, which I already mentioned earlier...they enjoy great success in all of europe.
well It's not about the size of the country but the population that matters. we have approx. 7 million citizens and residents...which is only 2 million people less than sweden.