I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

DCD box looks sweet, I'd like some of their old stuff on vinyl (s/t, Spleen and Ideal, Aion etc)...

Hate Forest - Resistance (tape)
Dark Ages - A Chronicle of the Plague (tape)
Vinterriket - Landschaften Ewiger Einsamkeit pt. 1 (vinyl)

You can still get'em from Vinyl180 UK. There are 2 boxsets for now at a good price. Shipping is fast too.

That's cool, although personally i'd be more inclined towards the original 80s release, especially for something like their first record. Box is definitely a nice item though. Are they remastered? I generally don't trust remasters unless it's explicitly stated that they used the original analog master tape (which they surely would for most 80s stuff?)

anyway, more ONLY TAPE IS REAL escapades:

Xasthur - A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors

Old Oak - Hidden Path to a Forgotten Forest

That's cool, although personally i'd be more inclined towards the original 80s release, especially for something like their first record. Box is definitely a nice item though. Are they remastered? I generally don't trust remasters unless it's explicitly stated that they used the original analog master tape (which they surely would for most 80s stuff?)

That's the great thing about these: they are remastered from the original analogue tapes, and they are approved by Brendan Perry himself. Both for sound and for graphics and layout.

-
Complaints, anybody?

EdgeofSanity.jpg

I can't believe how shitty they treated the Crimson albums :puke:
They couldn't manage the splitting to be seamless? Give me a break :puke:
Why split them in bits in the first place ? They are two large songs; period.
On Crimson I it's bearable but Crimson II is completely fucked :puke:
I'm so pissed I could throw it out the window. It's really disgusting what they did.
Fuckin Black Mark :bah:

Any of you have the original pressings ? Are they the same ???
I really need to know. Thanks

Well that sucks. I do have the original Crimson LP....but splitting II into all the different parts with a gap in between is absurd. I wonder if Dan knows. Either way, mine haven't arrived yet (believe it or not). Typical Black Mark....

Dan told me he doesn't have anything to do with these.
How's the original Crimson I ?

I just got it about a month ago and haven't listened to it yet. I recently re-set up my turntable and tested it with Death's "Symbolic" - the orig on RR. It sounded amazing, so I'll use that as the benchmark to compare it to.

Also, I know Dan doesn't have anything to do with the releases but was more curious if he knew they left the track breaks in and what his thoughts would be....

I just want to know if it's gapless or not.

Thanks

Ah, I'll check when I get home and let you know. I believe it is gapless and split (somehow) onto both sides of the wax. I also have the orig Crimson I & II which I'm not sure if that has gaps or what. I'll check on that too.

I also picked up Pan.Thy.Monium - Dawn of Dreams LP (orig) at the same time as the Crimson LP (about a month ago).

Other new (or used) vinyl acquisitions recently:

Opeth - Ghost Reveries (sealed)
Lockup - Necropolis Transparent
Ancient - Mad Grandiose Bloodfiends
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions (orig, non-pic disk)
Borknagar - Quintessence (orig, reddish vinyl)

I got my EoS re-releases in the mail yesterday. For the amount I paid to ship, you'd think they'd have packaged better. Anyway, I compared the new Crimson I and II to the old one I have and the old one is gapless and the new one is not. Not sure why they'd do it this way....although maybe it had to to with the new mastering. the black mark site shows the tracks as separate:

http://blackmark.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=0_26&products_id=118

Also, I got Cradle of Filth's "Damnation and a day" red vinyl (orig on NB).

I got my EoS re-releases in the mail yesterday. For the amount I paid to ship, you'd think they'd have packaged better. Anyway, I compared the new Crimson I and II to the old one I have and the old one is gapless and the new one is not. Not sure why they'd do it this way....although maybe it had to to with the new mastering. the black mark site shows the tracks as separate:

Also, I got Cradle of Filth's "Damnation and a day" red vinyl (orig on NB).

Thank you brother.
Now I want your "Gapless Crimsons" :D
Oh and that Red Damnation and a day too.:D

Thank you brother.
Now I want your "Gapless Crimsons" :D
Oh and that Red Damnation and a day too.:D

glad to help. I've been trying to get that CoF record for about 2 years. kept missing it on ebay when it'd sell for under $30.

I'm always looking for orig Edge of Sanity vinyl, so if I come across either Crimson or Crimson I & II (orig), I'll let you know.

Moving on from that headache...

Got these this week.

Mercyful Fate - 9 (Back on Black) gatefold Red vinyl
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation (Regain) LP
Bathory - Hammerheart (BlackMark-fuckoff) PIC DISC

Eucharist-MF-bathory.jpg

Killing Joke - Democracy 2LP (LetThemEatVinyl) gatefold White vinyl
Killing Joke - Night Time 2LP (LetThemEatVinyl) gatefold
Killing Joke - Killing Joke 2LP (LetThemEatVinyl) gatefold Black and White vinyl
Killing Joke - Extremities...2LP (LetThemEatVinyl) gatefold Yellow vinyl
Killing Joke - Pandemonium 2LP (LetThemEatVinyl) gatefold Blue vinyl

KillingJoke-1.jpg

Warning - The Demos (Svart) Clear vinyl
Beautiful release this one. And necessary too!

Warning-demos.jpg

My Dying Bride - 34.788% Complete (Svart) fluorescent Green vinyl

MDB-34.jpg

Puteraeon - The Esoteric Order (Cyclone Empire) Blue vinyl

Puteraeon.jpg