I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Should receive SEPTICFLESH --- GREAT MASS LP today. Still waiting for my Dissection - Reinkaos LP but have a feeling they'll cancel the order after confirming it being "in stock."

That Eucharist - A Velvet Creation is a great album...though the production is odd. I wonder if that's an electronic kit or if it's so triggered that it sounds like that. I think I have 5 copies of that LP since I thought it was going out of print and they were on clearance at some mailorder site.

I did that with Arcturus' - The Sham Mirrors LP. I found that the distributor had overrun copies (no insert....although they did send me the pdf so I could make my own - but I'd need to use an offset printer and have like 500 printed....). I do have one of the numbered ones w/insert but the others are waiting for technology to catch up... So, I've got 5 copies of that (1 orig, 4 unnumbered/no insert - sent 1 copy to a friend)...

I did get a copy of Cynic - Focus LP for around $15 but the jackass who shipped it put it in a flimsy barely cardboard mailer and it got bent to shit. The seller's response was "So long as the record still plays..." I could've re-sold that for a whole lot in a pinch (although I'd prefer to keep it). Almost half the records I buy online are either not in the condition as described, packaged so poorly that it gets damaged, or just gets damaged from whichever mail company is tossing it from truck to truck.

I did get a few Opeth - Throat of Winter 7" around RSD when they came out...and pre-ordered the new album w/all the extra stuff.

I'll take some pictures of some of my rarer items one of these days.

Got these today after a small painless bid.

KampfarI.jpg

KampfarII.jpg

Issued on Dark Side Records (Greece)

Got Clandestine Blaze - Deliverers of Faith LP yesterday. It was a blind buy but pretty cheap.

I bought the Covenant reissue from that new batch of MA vinyls and found the sound to be rather cramped and muddy. Besides that I own the original cd which sounds much better. I also did a little test between the Altars Of Madness vinyl from 1989 and 2002 reissue, and I'm so glad I own B and D originals. For the guy up there...what do you think of the sound???

Also caught this from the main Earache man: http://askearache.blogspot.com/2011/08/where-does-audio-for-earaches-vinyl-lp.html

Which isn't a total shock, but the sound, to me, is really lacking. Now, I know GZ gets a lot of crap, but I think they do a really good job on the many vinyl releases I have that were made there, so I wonder if they even took the time to check the test presses for these...

Well...onward to search for the original Covenant vinyl I suppose!

I bought the Covenant reissue from that new batch of MA vinyls and found the sound to be rather cramped and muddy. Besides that I own the original cd which sounds much better. I also did a little test between the Altars Of Madness vinyl from 1989 and 2002 reissue, and I'm so glad I own B and D originals. For the guy up there...what do you think of the sound???

Also caught this from the main Earache man: http://askearache.blogspot.com/2011/08/where-does-audio-for-earaches-vinyl-lp.html

Which isn't a total shock, but the sound, to me, is really lacking. Now, I know GZ gets a lot of crap, but I think they do a really good job on the many vinyl releases I have that were made there, so I wonder if they even took the time to check the test presses for these...

Well...onward to search for the original Covenant vinyl I suppose!

My Covenant sounds fine. You have to consider this album did not have such a "dynamic" sound to begin with. It's probably the flattest sounding MA album.
Of course there's room for improvement but they don't take the time anymore it seems. But given the source, it's an ok pressing. It does it for me.
Mind you, this batch is not specifically remastered. Just plain re-issued.
I hope you didn't end up with a bad copy.
Cheers!

I still find it lacking in sound from the cd. This is the first record in a long time where I'm just not satisfied in the result. After work today I sat down with some decent headphones and tweaked the stereo here and there, but the cd seemed to always remain the victor. The bass is of course a little more clearer on the vinyl, but the cd still has that razor sharp guitar sound and everything seems a little more apart and their own instead of the sorta muddy junction on the vinyl version...which isn't as bad as I put it, just can't find the words.

Seems like Earache can take a thing or two from Century Media and their recent reissue craze. I await the Unleashed, Grave, and 1st Sentenced lps....but the Morbid set, Tiamat, and Sentenced - North From Here sound better than any other version of those records I've heard before.

...or maybe I'm too picky...? :p

I wouldn't go that far...I didn't expect the best thing ever, but I expect a little more consideration for the vinyl package/price. No worries though, I'm in the process of obtaining an original copy.

Yeah the recent reissues on Black Mark are kinda crap too. Same goes with some Back On Black and mostly everything I have from Kreation Records. Just seems like shitting out these vinyls for the sake of it. I'm sure when the vinyl craze dies down, there will be more dedication to the vinyl itself besides all the specs.

Yeah, sometimes i feel let down with bad re-issues, considering how much I / we sacrifice to buy vinyls. Anyway, happy hunting with that Covenant. Don't pay too much for it :)

PS: I know what you mean about the guitars on the Covenant LP. They are colliding in some parts and maybe a bit quiet in other parts. But that's just being picky. The bass on God of Emptiness is stellar though.