I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

$200? Crazy. Back when In Flames was actually good, I met Anders and had him sign my copy of Ceremonial Oath's "Carpet". He looked and me and said "wtf is this shit?" then laughed. I still have it somewhere.

315513_201335999942248_100001975476823_442525_1088546536_n.jpg

You and me too. Ordered off of CMdistro since they had a sale along with some other cheap vinyl. Will be great to have all the Type O on vinyl. Lemme know what you think when you listen to them!!!

This is me after spinning October Rust.
I don't know what the fuck I would do without this splendid music that we all love here. Be it Katatonia, be it Mayhems and Darkthrones, or be it Type O Negatives (metal core punks fuck-off!).
It's in the face of such greatness that I realize there's reason to go on: wake up, do the work, love the family, and hit the record store. Yeah, it's that simple. This music of ours gives back ten fold, and you know it.
Type O is a big part of my life, and will always be. As big as I am, I wept like a punk when Peter died. I knew I lost something irreplaceable there and then. The thought that there isn't going to be any more of that magic they created is still killing me to this day.
This is the first time I've played a Type O record since Peter passed. I just couldn't listen to any after that.
This boxset thing is a great opportunity to go back and feel the love, the hate, the sorrow, the grooves, the happiness, the humor and sarcasm and the "strange beautiful music" that Type O Negative has blessed me with.

I know it's a Katatonia forum but I had to let it out.
Yeah, I don't have people to talk to about this shit. It's why I'm here, right?

Peter Thomas Ratajczyk (January 4, 1962 – April 14, 2010).
RIP you..., ah, forget it :))

Time again...

100_0774.jpg

100_0785.jpg

100_0790.jpg

100_0786.jpg

The artwork and contents for both lps are insane. Great black/death metal from both bands. If you enjoy stuff like Blasphemy/Archgoat/Conqueror...etc, pick them up!
100_0787.jpg

This is me after spinning October Rust.
I don't know what the fuck I would do without this splendid music that we all love here. Be it Katatonia, be it Mayhems and Darkthrones, or be it Type O Negatives (metal core punks fuck-off!).
It's in the face of such greatness that I realize there's reason to go on: wake up, do the work, love the family, and hit the record store. Yeah, it's that simple. This music of ours gives back ten fold, and you know it.
Type O is a big part of my life, and will always be. As big as I am, I wept like a punk when Peter died. I knew I lost something irreplaceable there and then. The thought that there isn't going to be any more of that magic they created is still killing me to this day.
This is the first time I've played a Type O record since Peter passed. I just couldn't listen to any after that.
This boxset thing is a great opportunity to go back and feel the love, the hate, the sorrow, the grooves, the happiness, the humor and sarcasm and the "strange beautiful music" that Type O Negative has blessed me with.

I know it's a Katatonia forum but I had to let it out.
Yeah, I don't have people to talk to about this shit. It's why I'm here, right?

Peter Thomas Ratajczyk (January 4, 1962 – April 14, 2010).
RIP you..., ah, forget it :))

Thanks for sharing man. I have similar feelings towards Type O Negative, they had a huge impact on me during my high school/college days. October Rust especially really strikes a chord and helped me get through some really tough and confusing times. Peter's passing was sudden but I heard he didn't look well during the Dead Again tour. I consider this box set to be a great celebration of Peter's life that will hopefully introduce even more fans to the band. I'm going to listen to these records over and over with a smile on my face and just be thankful that I was even introduced to this band in the first place.

-

IMG_7144.jpg

^^ Subrosa - No Help For The Mighty Ones 2LP Clear (Profound Lore)

IMG_7147.jpg

^^ Vallenfyre - A Fragile King LP (CM)

IMG_7164.jpg

^^ Kampfar - Kampfar MLP White Single sided (Northern Silence)

IMG_7166.jpg

^^ Soror Dolorosa - Blind Scenes LP Gold (Beneath Grey Skies/Northern Silence)

IMG_7168.jpg

^^ Evol - Saga of the Horned King LP white/back (Second Coming)

IMG_7172.jpg

^^ Solitude Aeturnus - Alone 2LP Gold (Eyes Like Snow/Northern Silence)

IMG_7173.jpg

^^ Solitude Aeturnus - Adagio 2LP Grey (Eyes Like Snow/Northern Silence)

IMG_7176.jpg

^^ Wheel - Wheel LP White + 7" + CD (Eyes Like Snow/Northern Silence)

IMG_7178.jpg

^^ Warning - Bridges MLP Grey (Cyclone Empire)

IMG_7183.jpg

^^ Rituals of the Oak - Hour Of Judgement 2LP Blue w/etching (Eyes Like Snow/Northern Silence)

IMG_7186.jpg

^^ Rituals of the Oak - Hour Of Judgement side D etching

IMG_7192.jpg

^^ Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow 2LP + CD (Fish People)

IMG_7194.jpg

^^ PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love LP (Island)

IMG_7196.jpg

^^ Negura Bunget - Maiestrit - Artbook 2CD (Prophecy)
The only way I will buy a cd release :p