I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

very nice collection......I must admit I have lamed out a bit on the collection lately......I need to buy some of the new shit....can you believe I dont have the TGCD LP yet.....Im such a loser....oh well.....soon enough.

repect from the master collector? respect! :)

btw man, if you have any doubles of stuff i dont have that you wouldnt mind getting rid of... ;)

I wouldn't say exactly so. I hear everything fine on my cassette player. It feels like a more human sound then a digital one is. It sounds more complete and fuller to me. I don't have many modern cassettes so I can't really say on those...But I have a lot of older Thrash and Black Metal releases on tape and they sound amazing.

I wouldn't say exactly so. I hear everything fine on my cassette player. It feels like a more human sound then a digital one is. It sounds more complete and fuller to me. I don't have many modern cassettes so I can't really say on those...But I have a lot of older Thrash and Black Metal releases on tape and they sound amazing.

What???? I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Cassettes are the dumbest format ever. At least vinyl has a warmth in the sound, even though it crackles and pops more and more after each listen. Cassettes just sound like crap all around, even on the first play. They even have tiny fold-up artwork, where at least vinyl has huge artwork going for it.

There is no way you can play a cassette, then play a CD, and think that the cassette sounds better. The tape hiss alone proves my point, not to mention each time you play a cassette it slightly degrades. Do you have a piece of shit stereo where everthing sounds crummy to begin with? That's the only way your reasoning makes any sense.

Or maybe you're just trying to impress us on how "kvlt" you are or something? Kids who haven't grown up yet sometimes do that.

What???? I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Cassettes are the dumbest format ever. At least vinyl has a warmth in the sound, even though it crackles and pops more and more after each listen. Cassettes just sound like crap all around, even on the first play. They even have tiny fold-up artwork, where at least vinyl has huge artwork going for it.

There is no way you can play a cassette, then play a CD, and think that the cassette sounds better. The tape hiss alone proves my point, not to mention each time you play a cassette it slightly degrades. Do you have a piece of shit stereo where everthing sounds crummy to begin with? That's the only way your reasoning makes any sense.

Or maybe you're just trying to impress us on how "kvlt" you are or something? Kids who haven't grown up yet sometimes do that.

Yes I don't know what I'm talking about because it's my own personal opinion you moron. Some bands I just prefer to listen to on cassette and vinyl. That is just a way better sound for them. I hear no hissing at all...and some of these tapes are well over 15-20 years old.

I'm not gonna argue about my own personal taste against someone ignorant like you. And the whole "kvlt" thing is retarded....you need to grow up.

Yes I don't know what I'm talking about because it's my own personal opinion you moron. Some bands I just prefer to listen to on cassette and vinyl. That is just a way better sound for them. I hear no hissing at all...and some of these tapes are well over 15-20 years old.

I'm not gonna argue about my own personal taste against someone ignorant like you. And the whole "kvlt" thing is retarded....you need to grow up.

Puh-lease! If cassettes are so great then why don't they make them anymore? Vinyl is still made here and there for collectors and people who love the sound of vinyl, but NOBODY makes cassettes anymore. Explain that one then.

Vinyl is still being made for lots of albums...way more than a decade ago...check out places like Hells Headbangers, Night Of The Vinyl Dead, Nuclear War Now Prod...plus labels like Roadrunner, Century Media, Metalblade...etc that are re-releasing vinyl...

And there are few places that are making tapes nowadays but they are. Even if they are DIY distros. Though in Thailand and some other countries around there tapes are still being made for recent releases..particularly albums on Century Media, Nuclear Blast, Earache...etc...

And even If they didn't make cassettes anymore...why does it matter if I like them or not? Is this ruining your day? I really don't care what you do in your own time and I don't think what I do should bother you...unless I'm trying to state that what I'm saying is a fact, which I'm not. Once again...my opinion.

Damn, I got it today already, it looks great, pics later tonight!
PL.jpg

ooooohhh Sweet man! the package is very very nice, any good of this new album? I was expecting their new album for so long :( too bad in hong kong not yet have it :erk:
The album is really great, they're back where they should have continued after Draconian Times. It really is a great album, I play it all the time.
Ordering that bad boy today!!!! Looks so sweet :D
I was lucky with the price I got it for. I read a bulletin on their MySpace saying a label called What Records was releasing the box (stange, my box says Century Media and Century Media only...), ordering from them it cost GBP 19.99 + GBP 10.00 (!!) postage to NL! o_O

Then I went on ebay and found a UK-seller selling it for GBP 16.99 + GBP 4.00 postage! :D They had 5 copies, I snatched the last one! :kickass: They didnt relist it as far as I have seen, must really have been their last one. Ordered Monday, got it today!

Maybe try Century Media mailorder, they might have it at a more affordable price.
Just checked, they have it for $33 + postage, not bad..