I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

13 promo CDs

13promo.jpg

from top right;
Proofed - American Metal a blend
Storm Warrior - Heading Northe
Storms Approach
Rage - Carved in Stone
Mekong Delta - Lurking fear
Axxis - Doom of Destiny
Candlelight USA promo
Stick to Your Guns - Comes From The Heart
Grave - Dominion VIII
Human Zoo - Ove rThe Horizon
Keep of Kalessin - Kolossus

and the two main reasons I bought the package
Unleashed - Hammer Battalion
Moonspell - Night Eternal

Pretty damn good haul I think. Haven't heard of most of the bands but it gives me something to listen to for a while I guess.

My latest stuff:
Carpathian Forest - Black Shining Leather (Digipak edition)
Funeral Mist - Salvation
Katatonia - Discouraged Ones
Opeth - Watershed (Special Edition)

All on CD. Sorry, no pic.

I've found that in the mailbox:

10fsweu.jpg

American press of Death's design

9qe5p1.jpg

Morningrise and My arms your hearse in tin version

no pics, but yesterday i got;
Opeth - Watershed special ed.
Ihsan - angL (Huge disappointment so far.. i hope it grows on me..)
The Mars Volta - Bedlam in Goliath
Nightingale - White darkness (i ordered both these two 4 or 5 times, but they were always out of stock..)

And for the Ms.
Mando Diao - Ode to ochrasy (it´s quite good really... plus the bass player is an old schoolmate of my wife :))

no pics, but yesterday i got;
Opeth - Watershed special ed.
Ihsan - angL (Huge disappointment so far.. i hope it grows on me..)
The Mars Volta - Bedlam in Goliath
Nightingale - White darkness (i ordered both these two 4 or 5 times, but they were always out of stock..)

And for the Ms.
Mando Diao - Ode to ochrasy (it´s quite good really... plus the bass player is an old schoolmate of my wife :))

Doesn't Mikael Åkerfeldt sing on angL? Not saying it HAVE to be good just for that, but still...Mikael is always Mikael.

Okay...I think I might possibly have a good one coming up here.

Give me a few days and then I'll unleash my fury upon the world!

:)

It finally happened... I ordered some vinyl a while ago and after work I figured I would pickup an audio cable to attach my newly accquired turntable. Its a good thing I did, cause two vinyl arrived and I listened to metal on vinyl for the first time ever. :saint: Now I have the option to buy CD or Vinyl depending on price and accessablility. I'd go either way, but vinyl is so cool. So, in the picture: my new (old) record player, Wyrd - Huldrafolk double LP and My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light double LP.
vinyltime.JPG

P.S. Does anyone know if Discouraged Ones is on vinyl at all for a decent price (not out of print)?

Discouraged Ones vinyl is out of print, so ebay or any 2nd hand source will be your only option to get it. It really depends how high the price is. It doesn't have to be that expensive..

PS, received today:
PAATOS - Sensors (live CD, Japan press).

It's really cool, it's packaged like a miniature LP complete with gatefold cover and inner sleeves.