I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

And then the man came before the vinyl tribe, but he was a foolish man and he tempted fate when he spake: Do you not know of modern ways? Why do you shun the digital for the analouge? And the vinyl tribe was not amused by his words and they tied him to a chair with 8-track bands and gave him Schellack to drink. Then they played all their records to him, one by one, using only fine equipment. Their wise man said: When you can't hear the difference and appreciate the bigger cover, you are lost, son, and may return to your own tribe.

It's 5:33AM over here, give me a break.

LisraTisTheLameth.jpg

Awz, did I hurt da little babies feelings? I didn't cry about the "foolish man" bit. I always say, don't throw em if ya can't hang. Really it was all supposed to be all in good fun anyway. Jeez.

And then the man came before the vinyl tribe, but he was a foolish man and he tempted fate when he spake: Do you not know of modern ways? Why do you shun the digital for the analouge? And the vinyl tribe was not amused by his words and they tied him to a chair with 8-track bands and gave him Schellack to drink. Then they played all their records to him, one by one, using only fine equipment. Their wise man said: When you can't hear the difference and appreciate the bigger cover, you are lost, son, and may return to your own tribe.

It's 5:33AM over here, give me a break.

:lol: rally defenders of the faith, we shall not lose our ways to the unbelievers

Awz, did I hurt da little babies feelings? I didn't cry about the "foolish man" bit. I always say, don't throw em if ya can't hang. Really it was all supposed to be all in good fun anyway. Jeez.

Notice the "^^". Of course its good fun, that's why I said what I said. Jeez indeed.

In steven wilson's new documentary you get to see pics of Mikael Akerfeld's record collection and it seems he has everything in existence. Is he an inspiration to you ?

That would be cool to see. Mikael actually outbid me on a couple records on Ebay before...even a FFTC Katatonia cd, haha.

He's not particularly an inspiration to me. I got really interested in vinyl when I was 17....going to my friends house and listening to Flamenco style stuff like Paco De Lucia and Al Di Meola. Then a little after that I won a Impaled vinyl in a contest...that really started my fascination with vinyl. Now it's just like the normal thing for me. It's not like I'm anti cd and pretending to be "old school" or something...I just prefer the format. Everything about the vinyl just seems better than anything else. I still listen to cds, I have music on my phone that I rip from those cds...so there you have it.

And I'm back...first two weeks of new year scores:

1000078l.jpg

1000083c.jpg

1000084p.jpg

1000085g.jpg

1000086m.jpg

1000087.jpg

1000091r.jpg

Got dozens more, but they are not worth mentioning...the store had all these grab bags and some had some killer records in there...15 records for 1,99 is a killer deal.

That Opeth is the first press...got it for 16$...been looking for that one for awhile.

Got another one too...all are in nearly perfect shape(the vinyl)...and include the original materials. The ELP - BSS and YES - Fragile lps still have the original poster/booklets/merchandise forms.

:yell:
Why can't I ever get a score like that? I'm still after that edition myself.
Nice one with the Armoured Angel

He was going to sell it for 30$ but it has a spilt on the top...I'm not anal about the cover at all...just as long as the vinyl plays...it's in tip top shape!!! It's good having a friend at the record store. They had the first press Still Life also...but oh well.

The Haunted? I'm kinda surprised.

Last great album by the band imo. It sounds so much better on wax too. I guess I'm also re-admiring old stuff I turned my back on.

Also purchased the first two Gates Of Ishtar cds from the record store today for a steal.

GorefestDimmuHypo.jpg

Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity 2LP clear (BackOnBlack)
Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra 2LP PicDisc (Nuclear Blast) - a better album this time
Gorefest - Soul Survivor LP (Black Sleeves) - all time favourite, undisputed.
Gorefest - Erase LP (Black Sleeves)
Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension 2LP (Black Sleeves)

I don't understand why this Black Sleeves place is putting vinyls out...have they improved at all??? I want to get that fourth dimension, but is it just 2lps jammed in one sleeve? Does it have an insert?