I haven't listened to any new metal in over a year. Looking for slam death or anythin

False Joe

Who cares.
Oct 12, 2007
Sheep fucking land somewhere.
I kinda dropped off the stuff for a while. I'd still listen to what I had, but I haven't gone searching for anything new in a while.

Mainly looking for brutal/slam death, though if there's any just stand out stuff from the other sub genres, throw it at me.

Tbh, copy and pasting your top 10 lists from the past couple of years'll do.

Cheers.

Hola Joe,

I definitely know this feeling. A few bands I've really been into lately are:

Abriosis (CAN) - very solid death metal from Canada. I love the rhythms, and their tracks are very tightly written

Oceanwake (FIN) - pretty cool jams, their a bit lengthy. If you are a fan of Pelican, Isis, or "sludgy" metal music, you might get a kick out of them

Alunah (UK) - doom metal with a bit of their own spin on it. Personally, I love the track "Call of Avernus" I consider myself a pretty big "death/thrash metal" guy, but there's nothing wrong with gettin' down with some good ol' doom!

Also, check out my site. I set up a free-streaming radio station, and try to play mostly new "unsigned" or "unknown" bands that I like from around the world. (sorry for the plug, but I feel it's a good resource to get ya back in the METAL! We've missed ya!)

Cheers!

A lot of good slam has been released in the past year. Some of the best:

Pathology - Awaken to the Suffering
7.H Target - Fast-Slow Demolition
Abominable Putridity - Anomalies of Artificial Origin
Ezophagothomia - Instinct of Inhuman Devourment

Happy slamming.

nothing really good has come out since the 90's. everything else is pretty damn generic and boring to be honest.

A lot of good slam has been released in the past year. Some of the best:

Pathology - Awaken to the Suffering
7.H Target - Fast-Slow Demolition
Abominable Putridity - Anomalies of Artificial Origin
Ezophagothomia - Instinct of Inhuman Devourment

Happy slamming.

Jesus, those titles are real motherfuckers to remember. :eek:o

Bands i listen to, have been around for a long time but only recently exposed to a wider audience. You gotta dig deep to find aspiring good metal bands. Wichery is worth checking out.