I haz a frosty from wendys

So, everything from fast food restaurants, chain restaurants, and "popular" American brands can't taste good and be enjoyed once in a while? Well shit!:guh:

well, the majority of it sucks in my opinion.
I never said you can't enjoy it 'once in a while' you can do whatever you want lol
I'm just saying that all those crappy corporate places are terrible in my opinion, and I hate the fact that 'outside people' only see those when they come to the US and reflect their "American food sucks" on those horrid places.

I can literally count on one hand the 'corporate' places/ chain restaurant I consider OK but even that's a stretch.

Once in a while/ when on the road/ when drunk/ never killed anyone and never will, moderation is key, but even that once in a while for me, is not GREAT.

But we all know I am the food snob here :loco:

Well you can't enjoy food if it sucks and is terrible, which according to you, all the food from popular brands is. I know it's just your opinion, but denouncing ALL of it with such passion just sounds a bit silly, and yes, SNOBBY! :p

I can't possibly say I have tried all chain restaurant in the US, but those that I have all tasted the same: blend, mild, gross, plasticy, lame.
So yeah I pretty much take the snobby role and dismiss all of them for being absolutely, 100% terrible.

Well you can't enjoy food if it sucks and is terrible, which according to you, all the food from popular brands is. I know it's just your opinion, but denouncing ALL of it with such passion just sounds a bit silly, and yes, SNOBBY! :p

But are there any popular 'brands' that advertise on television or in billboards that are actually 'good' for you?

It's kind of a rule of thumb that if a brand has a real marketing budget, goes through demographic taste testing, and your kid has been convinced a priori that they want it, it is more than likely shit.

Possibly even poison.

This has nothing to do with being "good for you." It's about tasting good and being enjoyable. Even homemade & non-American brand foods can taste good and be bad for you. Corporate America is not the only disher of unhealthy foods. Doesn't mean it all tastes bad though. If Lynn had just posted this in the guilty pleasures thread then it would never have gotten this far! :loco:

It still blows my mind when I see people go to the Taco Bell in SF when the incredible (and incredibly authentic) Ocean Taqueria is right across the street.

Thats all price point I would think.

They can go to TacoBell and spend $0.89 on a cheesy 5 layer burrito or $4.00 on Carne Asada.....

Granted when it comes to quality TB doesn't even compare but from a pocket book stand point they think they are making the right decision.

Unless you factor in the long term heath costs, and the fact that those making the 89 cent Cheesy-Melty-Chemical-Whatever decision probably are making similar decisions throughout the day.

And I highly doubt that they're JUST getting that; they're probably getting a Sante Fe Gordita, a soft taco, and a Dr. Pepper. No one goes into a Taco Bell and spends just 89 cents unless they're homeless.

I like Taco Bell. Once or twice a year.

Only fast food I do once or twice a year is Chipotle....but even they are all fresh, from local farmers, local produce and what not, so I don't even know if I should consider them fast food, (although owned by McDonald's)

On football season I would sometimes steal a slice from the guys' Dominos pizza box...

hmm... what else? I can't think of anymore.

but with all fairness, once or twice a year- who cares? As long as you dont eat fast food every day.

By the way, here's a great chart I found a couple weeks ago.

Fast-Food-Ads-vs-Reality.jpg

Truth.

Two of the cheeseburgers on the dollar menu, so I wasn't expecting anything besides a slab of low-grade meat, unmelted cheese, and bread. But at the time I was drunk and starving so they were fucking delicious.

Living in America is slowly killing all of you. I mean it when I said you're in a cultural wasteland. It is marginally better here but in all truth we're all sincerely fucked, nobody can find the love any more.