I haz a frosty from wendys

I pretty much only crave McDonald's sometimes when I'm drunk. Whataburger is a much better choice for drunken munching than McDonald's anyway, though.

This has nothing to do with being "good for you." It's about tasting good and being enjoyable. Even homemade & non-American brand foods can taste good and be bad for you. Corporate America is not the only disher of unhealthy foods. Doesn't mean it all tastes bad though. If Lynn had just posted this in the guilty pleasures thread then it would never have gotten this far! :loco:

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say about Fast Foods.

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say about Fast Foods.

I wasn't just talking about fast foods, but popular American brands in general; whether it be a fast food restaurant or something on the shelf at the grocery store. The "corporate America" stamp shouldn't automatically mean that it sucks and is terrible. It might or might not be good for you, but that's not the point because many other foods outside of corporate America are also unhealthy. If it tastes good and is enjoyable, then it doesn't suck.

I wasn't just talking about fast foods, but popular American brands in general; whether it be a fast food restaurant or something on the shelf at the grocery store. The "corporate America" stamp shouldn't automatically mean that it sucks and is terrible. It might or might not be good for you, but that's not the point because many other foods outside of corporate America are also unhealthy. If it tastes good and is enjoyable, then it doesn't suck.

But there is one thing you, and everyone else, should never forget.

Whatever you eat literally becomes a part of you. You are what you eat, it's not a joke. That jellybean you ate last week now remembers eating it.

If that doesn't make one think a bit about what goes inside in, I don't know what will.

I'm certainly not saying to eat unhealthy, good tasting stuff all the time. Moderation is up to each person. But that's not to say that everything in the guilty pleasures thread (that's not homemade, foreign, or nonpopular) sucks!

Some places have almost completely lost the battle with corporate/chain stores. My hometown isn't doing so hot, strip malls popping up everywhere, fast food places making a killing while the good (and I mean really fucking good, you wouldn't expect a little pub in Jeffersonville, Indiana to produce amazing Italian food, but it blew me away) local restaurants sit almost empty at dinner time. The neighboring town is even worse though, I think I work at the only independent business there. Local business is much stronger over in the city, where they can band together.

Of course it doesn't... That's not what I meant at all.
I was talking about chain restaurants and lame domestic beer and 'Starbucks' and all the junky crappy food out there on every corner in every town.
I personally hate 'em all, and it's not because they are 'popular' and I am 'oh-so-cool' It's because they simply suck! (in my opinion at least)

There are other 'popular' brands that are better, obviously,
and my pot was directed at Derek telling him there are many many other AMERICAN food/ places/ beer/stuff/ that is much better than the crappy popular brands.

I AM SAYING AMERICAN THINGS ARE GOOD DAMMIT. :yell:

...and It's not my fault that the majority of 'popular corporate America' is terrible. Like I said before: everyone can eat whatever they fucking want, I don't care, and eating it here-and-there won't kill anyone, but I am just saying there are better 'chain restaurants' 'american brands' 'beer' 'coffee' 'things in general' that are not McDonald's or Apple Bee's.

I'm certainly not saying to eat unhealthy, good tasting stuff all the time. Moderation is up to each person.

Absolutely. Who cares? Moderation is key, we all junk here and there no one is immune to good-ol' junk food once in a while.

But that's not to say that everything in the guilty pleasures thread (that's not homemade, foreign, or nonpopular) sucks!

My guilty pleasures are mainly overseas stuff because I do not get them often so hence why they are guilty pleasures, when I get 'home' I eat them like crazy; hence why I posted 'cool unpopular stuff' .

:zzz:

But there is one thing you, and everyone else, should never forget.

Whatever you eat literally becomes a part of you. You are what you eat, it's not a joke. That jellybean you ate last week now remembers eating it.

If that doesn't make one think a bit about what goes inside in, I don't know what will.

Well yeah, but that's a really extreme thought that can prevent you from ever enjoying food :lol:

Bad for you food should be enjoyable. I love pizza (fuck it's my favorite food) and burgers (sometimes) and burritos (yum Mexican food!) and all that 'bad for you foods' (but I just don't eat them in a chain place IMO there are better places to get those)

So what you're saying, Brooks, is that my pizza from last Thursday is now on my body, huh??? ;)

I really want White Castle right now.
<3

I'm gonna grab a KFC Double Down tonight.
<3<3

I think I may be one of if not the only one here who just doesn't care when it comes to food. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, White Castle, Quizno's, Subway, KFC, Popeyes, Pizza Hut, and Dominoes are pretty much what we have here and I gladly eat any of them. The best is hitting up a bunch o drive-thrus to get the best of them all, Mcdonald's fries, a couple Castle cheeseburgers and onion rings, Taco Bell's cheesy fiesta potatoes, and a frosty and chicken nuggets from Wendy's is a winning combo.

As I ate my garden burger today, I discovered that Morningstar Farms products are made by Kellogg's; one of those popular, highly advertised, corporate America food companies!!!@2