I heard from someone that this could be Ozzy's new guitarist.

That's obvious. I think it's a bit strange that Zakk could be out of the band but he doesn't even know about it?! Zakk's been loyal and if in fact he's out and he doesn't know it, that's unprofessional and disrespectful.

isn't that par for the course in the Osbourne camp these days??!?!!

Haven't touched anything Ozzy related since the dreaded egging incident...and don't ever plan too.

I can only hope Gus G. of Firewind is NOT the Greece guitarist, he'd be better of where he's at.

I haven't heard any classical influence of Zakk's on any album but you do hear it from Jake and Randy... Jake trained as a classical pianist as a child which shows in his work with Ozzy and Randy was obviously taking classical lessons at the time of his death wherever they went on tour. And by your own contradiction most of his work is "stoner metal" that really imo isn't much of an impact compared to Jake and Randy. You overrate Zakk too much... he even copies Jake with his constant pinch harmonics.. the guy can't spell original even if he tried...

Umm does SD matter in metal?

Steel Dragon is one of the most researched bands on Rockdetector, so you might say they matter. That band slayed.

Zakk's style has grown stale and I agree with the decision to let him go. Freshen things up.

What am I contradicting? He's released bootlegs and lesser known recordings of him playing some highly finessed classical pieces among other things.

I also never said he was a better songwriter then either Jake or Randy (granted NMT was an incredible album, I dunno how much he actually wrote).

Lastly: I came across this. I had some Mp3s years ago of private recordings of his released on the SDMF forums of him doing classical recordings and some insane shit on guitar, probably deleted by now.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p90bvnhdRK8&feature=related[/ame]

STFU... who do you think we are? Noobies? :lol:

:lol: No, no, I merely meant that it's nice to find a forum where people appreciate a great player! It's surely true that Ultimate Sin is an album that you hardly ever see mentioned anywhere, even online, whereas to me it's Ozzy's greatest album...

I always found Zak to be quite sloppy live, and while his pinched harmonic is a great trick, it's one he uses way too often...

Call me cynical, but I'm really not expecting to ever get any more decent music out of Ozzy, so this is really not of concern.

I agree, the well has gone dry as far as Ozzy is concerned. He has always relied on others to write songs ever since Randy Rhoads so any guitarist who comes on board had better be a good songwriter first and a flashy guitar player second.

:lol: No, no, I merely meant that it's nice to find a forum where people appreciate a great player! It's surely true that Ultimate Sin is an album that you hardly ever see mentioned anywhere, even online, whereas to me it's Ozzy's greatest album...

I always found Zak to be quite sloppy live, and while his pinched harmonic is a great trick, it's one he uses way too often...
NP, me just kidding with ya... me rough around the edges sometimes but with humor...

as for his pinched harmonics, you are correct and also Jake used them much better and sparingly at correct moments...

Err yeah, sorry, my bad. I forget who it was on the board who said they're terrible with names, me too. :)

Probably me :lol:, I can recall faces but seldom the names. And if I knew somebody for a nickname for many years I can never recall the real name :p

Steel Dragon is one of the most researched bands on Rockdetector, so you might say they matter. That band slayed.

Zakk's style has grown stale and I agree with the decision to let him go. Freshen things up.

What am I contradicting? He's released bootlegs and lesser known recordings of him playing some highly finessed classical pieces among other things.

I also never said he was a better songwriter then either Jake or Randy (granted NMT was an incredible album, I dunno how much he actually wrote).

Lastly: I came across this. I had some Mp3s years ago of private recordings of his released on the SDMF forums of him doing classical recordings and some insane shit on guitar, probably deleted by now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p90bvnhdRK8&feature=related

Normally I quote each one and reply to the post but this time me make it short:

1. Steel Dragon :erk:

2. Zakk's style was always stale. But he play efficient enough to prolong Ozzy's career though I personally think he could of found someone better.

3. I come from a guitar playing background (my friend is also a classical guitar teacher, got his degree in college/university etc.) and trust me that was not a highly finesse classical piece or really to say his playing wasn't. It sounds like he is using a guitar pick instead of his fingers and metal/rock techniques such as hammer ons and pulls off etc. Assuming that is even him playing that piece.One thing I found about Youtube is not all clips are titled correctly.

4. Listen to anything Jake and Randy incorporated in terms of classical guitar into Ozzy's songs compared to Zakk's and there is no comparison. J and R were way better. Listen to the songs Diary of a Madman, Revelation Mother Earth, Intro to Killer of Giants etc.

5. Do you seriously think that Zakk blows this away for example?:

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p90bvnhdRK8&feature=related

Yeah I agree with you thinking his style has "gone stale". His work started going downhill from The Blessed Hellride I think. He's making rather predictable songs now. I love his early albums like Sonic Brew, Stronger Than Death, and 1919 Eternal though. Thanks for the youtube link there.

Yeah I agree with you thinking his style has "gone stale". His work started going downhill from The Blessed Hellride I think. He's making rather predictable songs now. I love his early albums like Sonic Brew, Stronger Than Death, and 1919 Eternal though. Thanks for the youtube link there.

I loved Blessed and to a lesser extent, Mafia. Didn't mind STD or 1919. By now though, it's gotten really stale, but like AC/DC he does what he does fairly well.

But yeah, it's time for a change - 15 years too late for Ozzy.

3. I come from a guitar playing background (my friend is also a classical guitar teacher, got his degree in college/university etc.) and trust me that was not a highly finesse classical piece or really to say his playing wasn't.

I never said THAT piece I posted was high finese - I'm a guitarist too. I said I had other pieces at one point which were pretty technical.

And yes, I do think Zakk can at very least match what Jake did in the video. I've heard him do it.

Listen to anything Jake and Randy incorporated in terms of classical guitar into Ozzy's songs compared to Zakk's and there is no comparison. J and R were way better.

As song writers, of course they were! I've never stated otherwise. I'm well versed in Ozzy's material (seeing as I knew almost all of Randy's licks at one point and a number of Jake songs). You can be a shitty songwriter and a great guitarist.

Holy shit!!!! Gus G to play with Ozzy!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Sixx! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:

And, I would just like to say: I called it!

I do recall you throwing his name out there...
It's not official yet, but looks like Zakk is out.
I'll side with Wyvern on this one, you want to be happy for Gus but this gig really does come with a price doesn't it?