I included Testament in my Informative Speech in Public Speaking class

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
I included Testament in my Informative Speech in Public Speaking class today. I did a speech on guitar solos this morning and included the MTV Alcatraz Live Testament video of them doing Practice What You Preach. My whole class seemed impressed and my teacher liked what I did too, he said the solo in the song was about as complex as a lot of Mozart's material. I think it's really cool a professor appreciated a Testament solo in class.:kickass: Anyone else ever included Testament in schoolwork?

Very cool.I've always said that Thrash is the closest thing you can get to classical as far as composition and talent.I have done an essay in the past on Thrash.But it was a really long time ago...really really long time ago.I also hope you get an A...+

I did once. It was 'bout music, instead of Madonna and stuff, I took Toxik: 'World Circus' and Testament: Apocalyptic City . Teacher didn't like much the music itself, but he was full of joy 'bout the solo's of both bands, because it reminded him of classical music

A C unfortunately, I had a B but I went overtime on accident and got a reduced grade, but I brought it up with some extra credit.

A C unfortunately, I had a B but I went overtime on accident and got a reduced grade, but I brought it up with some extra credit.

Grades are overrated. The most important thing is actually learning. Something most schools don't do very well. At least you got to speak on something you like.

never included Testament in school works, I just wore their shirts to impress the girls!! :lol: :heh:
that's maybe the only reason why I listen to Testament too :cool:

no just kidding it's great you had success with that, heavy-metal bands don't belong to the overall accepted things and there are many prejudices, maybe you could show those ignorant muthafuckas the opposite with that it's great fuckin music!! :kickass: