I just bought my first 7string plz help me

drunkard

Like Sin Explode
May 18, 2007
Greece
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I just got an RG 7321 ibanez of ebay.the guitar has 10 ernie ball strings and is in standar 7string tuning(in B).I want to tune it to A# by myself.Can any one help me how to do it?It doesnt have a floyd of course.Also which is the best cauge of strings to wear for this tuning.I am really into D adario and ernie ball strings.Thanks for you help guys

thanks for your entry I just need a full 7string set,so that I can go to any store and buy it at any time.I see that many players buy 2 different sets and combine them.I want one :p

There is no pefect set, you don't even "need" to change your current gauge. If your finding them too light then up them slightly to those D'addario's, if those are still too light up the gauge again. You need to experiment over time to find your personal "perfect" set for what tuning/scale length you have.

What kind of strings do you have on your current guitar that you had before the 7 string? If you can give us an idea of what you already like, then I can give you a good idea of a set that would be similar.

I personally use: 9-12-15-24-32-44-59 in Bb. Thats kinda lite though and others would certainly have a higher tension set than that, but if you can list what you're used to, then we can help. :wave:

Well on my 7 string I use regular ol Ernie Ball Slinky 7s and I have had it down to A with no problem. Its not ike your tuning a 6 string down to B, so A# is only a half step for ya so no big deal at all. I like the Ernies but want to try Dadarrios just to experiment more. Wish I could find DR 7 string packs but until then Ernies work well.

Try some heavier gauge Elixir Nanowebs. Something like .068 - .011 maybe.

Also, you want to consider changing the stock pickup in that R7321 as well.

I play in Bb with my 7 string and have for years. I use the D'Addario 10 packs which are 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46, 59 and I love them. I would suggest going thicker if you have a smaller scale length than 26.5.

Where do you get the 10 packs from? I have been wanting to get bulk 7 string sets and think Im going to go with D'Addario

I use 10's in A#. The tension feels similar to 11's on my 6 string in C#. Oh, and I use D'Addario.