I just bought this ESP/LTD f-207

AudioPhile777

Mathew Cohen
I just picked up a ESP/LTD F207, for $400 with the case, that was apparently custom built for someone... single volume knob... 707-81s... this thing sounds friggin awesome... it is slightly thinner that a standard F shaped body and is basically brand fucking new... there was not a single scratch, smudge, or knick in it... until i started playing it, lol.
l_7d90ef4fecf44d7b902ef6f4b4949447.jpg

Jesus christ that thing looks sexy, though ESP-licensed Floyd, eeeekkk :erk: It's Tremol-no time, methinks!

www.allparts.com has 'em, though there are 3 different models (one with a small clamp, one with a large, and I can't tell what sets the third apart), and I'm not sure which would be best for that guitar...maybe someone else can chime in on this?

The Tremol-No is good, I have used them in a few of the trem guitars I owned in the past, and have installed them on friend's guitars, who love the device. However, IMO, I think that unless you want to be able to have the option of floating or dive-only, a block of wood (preferably on either side of the trem block) is a better solution for making it hard-tail. The piece of wood helps to transfer the vibrations, simple physics there. As far as a huge audible difference...can't say for 100% certainty that either is better than the other...but that's a good thing considering the TNo is $65 vs. a little piece of wood you can snag in the Home Depot scrap bin for free usually and then cut to your needs at home :)

~006

However, IMO, I think that unless you want to be able to have the option of floating or dive-only, a block of wood (preferably on either side of the trem block) is a better solution for making it hard-tail. The piece of wood helps to transfer the vibrations, simple physics there.

Agreed

If it says F-207 at the 12th fret it's probably not custom. They had a model F-207 a few years back that was around for about 6 months before it went closeout... They have a new guitar now that's got a natural finish with the same body though. For some reason the F series basses never went out of production. I always liked the F style but they never made one that was quality enough for me to buy. I guess that's what Ran guitars are for.

If it says F-207 at the 12th fret it's probably not custom. They had a model F-207 a few years back that was around for about 6 months before it went closeout... They have a new guitar now that's got a natural finish with the same body though. For some reason the F series basses never went out of production. I always liked the F style but they never made one that was quality enough for me to buy. I guess that's what Ran guitars are for.

yeah... this isn't a typical f-207, though... my roommate has one and I liked his, only reason i bought one... but mine has a noticeably thinner body and only has one volume knob and a toggle switch... his has a tone knob... also, mines plays/feels/sounds better... same amp, same setting same strings and the tone is world apart...

anyway. I'm stoked... I've never owned/played a 7 string that was this easy to play...

How is the clarity though? Every 7-string I have owned and played had the same problem, being too muddy and just undefined. From what I understood after a lot research it is just the simple nature of the 7-string design.

~006