I just heard 5 new Arcturus songs...

Cool!!! I liked Sham Mirrors but liked the earlier albums more...actually, I hoped they've regressed back to a more Aspera hiems symphonia sound...

asgeir said:
...and let me tell you: They rule! Sverd has come up with some great new songs and Arcturus-fans will definitely love the next album! Fear not! - Øyvind does an absolutely awesome job taking over the vocals after Trickster G.

- Asgeir
Good news, but I'd like to read that you write "I've just rehearsed 5 new Spiral Architect songs, and let me tell you, they rule! even I cant play them yet :))

Anyway, I dont think the new Arturus will be like any of their previous material. They always change...

I think they'll pretty much sound like Arcturus in the end. They have changed quite a bit over the years, but has always managed to keep that very special sound. I am a bit nervous about øyvind Hægeland, though. Hope he doesn't sing too high and "progressive"...

I'm very interested in hearing the new vocalist. I'm sure he's going to be very good.

And I doubt they're going to revert back to the 'Aspera..' days in sound. I hope they continue pushing the boundaries of their own sound as well as metal in general. Each album is very special and it'd be stupid to want a 'La Masquerade 2' or 'The Sham Mirrors 2'.

Necramentia said:
what kinds of songs do they play live? i always wondered what they'd do...

setlist from 3 september

Intro
Kinetic
Painting my Horror
Raudt og Svart
Deception Genesis
To thou who dwellest in the night
Alone
The Chaos Path
Ad Absurdum
(Morax was stated here on the Set-List but they didn´t play it)
Star-Crossed
Radical Cut