i just saw...

Speaking about what kind of heavy stuff is out there in the mainstream, anyone enjoy the band Avenged Sevenfold? I have grown a pretty good liking to their new album City of Evil. 80's, G'Nr, type vibe I get, and they have some pretty good shredding guitarists and a awesome drummer. Singer maybe whiny but it does compare to Faith No More, and Suicidal Tendencies which I have never minded at all. Their past albums were decent, but they have progressed a bit. The new Between The Buried And Me also sounds better than the last one I think, material wise and production wise, those have their Mordicai type song in the mix though, I dig the Dream Evil sounding stuff on the first song too, check it out! The Demo however sounds a bit better because the solos were turned up more. A production I am looking forward to hear is the entire Roadrunner Allstars presentation. A bunch of awesome musicians working together, the production on it sounds superb as well. It would be cool if Metal Blade does something like that in the future.