The Hot Topic 2nd Stage - anyone worth checking out?

It's a metalcore orgy--A Dozen Furies are the Battle For Ozzfest winners--they suck. Haven't heard much of IDT, but I wasn't really impressed. The Black Dahlia Murder are a decent band, if somewhat annyoying. Same w/ As I Lay Dying. Fucking Mastodon is where it's at.

Black Dahlia Murder are okay for about 15 minutes, then you realize they have one song and one song only, and it ain't all that good.

Are they good live? I would imagine they would translate into a fun show.

That album was overhyped last year, but was still pretty damn good. Think I'll put that sumbitch on right now even... *rubs hands together*

One Inch Man said:
Are they good live? I would imagine they would translate into a fun show.

That album was overhyped last year, but was still pretty damn good. Think I'll put that sumbitch on right now even... *rubs hands together*

they are doing a club headling tour now ... so if you really care ...

Hmm, might go if it's in OC. At the Glass House on April 1st, might go to them shitz. Pomona is in LA County, but not in the city so I don't mind heading that way.

I'm kinda pissed I missed Isis last week, but it was in LA and I was busy anyhow. God damn why isn't Isis at Ozzfuck this year? I'd totally be there if they were.

One Inch Man said:
God damn why isn't Isis at Ozzfuck this year?

Because they are way too good to be part of that show. They'd blow all those bands away including the senior citizen bands.

JayKeeley said:
Man o man, your priorities are just in the toilet!!! :lol:
hahaha you fuckin' bastard I'm laughing like a loon over here! :lol:

J..,.,.., yeah you're right. Damn my stupid friend for coming back from New Zealand the same day Isis was playing out here!!! In all fairness I just found out about the show the day before. D'oh well!

Erik said:
how did speed get hold of JayK's account :confused:

Yes they represent musical Progression. haha. Or they did three or four years ago when metalcore was big. Strange how long it takes for trends to hit the general public.

Ive heard As I lay dying, they are competant but nothing to get excited about.

You know I watched one episode of that Ozzfest competition, and there was a talented band of hilbillies that lived in a trailer in North Carolina. I think they were the runners up, but anyway, they were very talented: I suppose they didnt have that marketing angle. Thats more important to the record execs anyway.

Be serious, Isis playing live in an outdoor festival would suck the fat one. Plus they'd have to open which means it would still be daylight.

You'd want a small, intimate venue for Isis. Darkness, strobes, good acoustics. Maybe in Amsterdam too, so everyone could happily smoke away - either aggressively or passively.

I don't know about elsewhere, but where they hold the Ozzfest out here, the second stage is really small and pretty kickass. Plus with Isis I get a desert vibe anyhow, so the hot afternoon sun would work pretty well methinks. :Spin:

Yeah I cant disagree with you on Isis. I dont know if it is good or bad they wouldnt seem to be the greatest live band. You know, I dont see Mastodon being a good live band; sure Id watch for Dailor, but I just cant see their music being good live.