I love Atlantium and want to become a citizen

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
Basically Atlantium is an independent microstate, like the Vatican City, but its area is just a one bedroom flat in Sydeny, Australia! They have their own currency, flag, and national anthem, their citizens pay taxes, they have laws, and their OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS LATIN!

Atlantium does have citizens in 60 countries worldwide also. This is very cool because even though the Emperor's palace is this one bedroom apartment, Atlantium exists to kind of be a forerunner in evolutionary global national geography- meaning that the legitimacy of the nation is determined by its community of citizens, wherever in the world they may be. As opposed to a land mass with borders. (i.e. in a global world, territoy is becoming less relevant) Cool!

Also, they have a self-appointed emperor. And you can email him at emperor@atlantium.org !!! How fucking awesome!

The current Sovereign Head of State of The Empire of Atlantium is His Imperial Majesty George II, Imperator et Primus Inter Pares.
His Imperial Majesty was born George Francis Cruickshank on 13 Octavus 10485 (7 December 1966) in Sydney, Australia. He played a pivotal role in the development of Atlantium, and became Emperor by unanimous acclamation at the time of its Foundation.

George_Casual_Portrait_0310521_01a_x250.gif

His Imperial Majesty has at various times pursued professional and commercial interests in the fields of design, music production, radio broadcasting, architectural heritage conservation, information technology and business management. He maintains longstanding personal interest in the fields of history, political theory, comparative mythology, photography, design, music and 20th century industrial design and architecture.

if i were to be a citizen of one of those micronations, i would totally do the Sealand route. they fucking fought off the British navy, dude!

Snow Crash was it. Mr. Lee's Hong Kong sounds like my cup of tea, too.

i am going to join a comune in new zealand! my friend is an exchange student from there and told me about how they have the land and everything. but the micronations are interesting maybe it can evolve.