I love The Funeral Portrait, but I need more songs!!!

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
OK, I know Opeth, Meshuggah, and Dimmu Borgir.

Knowing I love the song The funeral Portrait, I'm looking for the kick ass type song from other bands like In Flames, Borknager, etc etc. Help me if you can.

Thanks

A few 'kick ass type songs' by In Flames: (off the top of my head)

Clad in Shadows (the 99 remake)

Lord Hypnos

Stand Ablaze

Swim

Pinball Map

Artifacts of Black Rain

any of their instrumentals:

man made god

wayfaerer

dialogue with stars

jester's dance

Well, Dark Tranquillity and Soilwork play in the same style as In Flames so...

DT - Dividing Line, Punish My Heaven, Lethe
Soilwork - Needlefeast, Bastard Chain, Chainheart Machine

well if its the crunchy riffs you're after anything then pretty much anything from slaughter of the soul by at the gates, as for inflames and dark tranquility i always liked their more epic songs like moonshield or lethe

dt - tongues, insanity's crescendo, tidal tantrum, and constant

in flames, i am not really a fan of at all. my faves by them, however, would probably be jotun, december flower, and jester's dance

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
dt - tongues, insanity's crescendo, tidal tantrum, and constant

in flames, i am not really a fan of at all. my faves by them, however, would probably be jotun, december flower, and jester's dance

hedon?

borknagar - colossus !!

OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing how that song climaxes like 30 seconds in and dosn't die down till the end! I have goosebumps throughout the whole thing. Definately one of Vortex's better performances.

Originally posted by Morningrise

OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing how that song climaxes like 30 seconds in and dosn't die down till the end! I have goosebumps throughout the whole thing. Definately one of Vortex's better performances.

Exactly!!!
One of the best songs I have EVER heard.....

hmmm...i dunno. borknagar without garm...i don't know if i dig it. as far as i'm concerned, nothing borknagar has done recently has topped that massive climax which concludes the dawn of the end. now that was simply mesmerising ;)