I love the Odyessy.. where to go from here..

Try V or The Divine Wings of Tragedy..then go with Twilight in Olympus or The Damnation Game. Any time in between, you should grab the live cd as well. Then if you like all those, give the s/t cd a shot, it's great music but with a different singer.

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Huh! I never knew the first CD was with a different singer. And I've listened to it several times.

What!?!?!? :err: the first one has Rod Tyler singing on it :D oh btw as Jax said pick up The Divine Wings Of Tragedy and V :)

He was the original singer of Syx and he sang on the debut album only. He's on another band now doing some work I can't recall the name right now but If I remember i'll post it :)

Originally posted by ChromeLife
If i like the new one.. which of the older albums would be the best to get next?

My suggestion is to get The Divine Wings of Tragedy next. The title track alone makes it worth the price of admission. :) I recommend this as the next CD for everyone who tells me they love the new one. V comes in as a close second, then The Damnation Game, then Twilight in Olympus. And you must get the first one, of course... The difference between Rod Tyler and Russ Allen is simply astounding.

~Christina

Gotta agree with Stardust. Divine Wings would be the closest album to Odyssey stylistically. Once you're done with that, get Damnation Game, V, Twilight in Olympus, S/T and of course, the Live in TEOF album.

If you have the cash, get Prelude to the Millennium, a Japanese/Korean only release containing the best of SymX songs up till Twilight in Olympus.

I also love the odyssey, and my joint favourite is V. After that get divine wings, which still has great tracks although it isnt quite as 'magical.' I have to say that Twilight in olympus is my least favouite that ive heard.

I havent listened to damnation game or prelude to the millenium as of yet.