I love this line up better!!!!!!

metalugene said:
it's so metal! bush sucked he was too LA, way too comercial and they sold out when the got him!!!!!
i am so happy for anthrax they were always way heavier and faster with dan and joey, a real thrash band!!!! not some polished hard rock like saint, i hate them. speed metal LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a real class act Mr. metal.

I see it like this. There are two Anthrax's, the Joey and the Bush. Personally i will always prefer the original joey albums, its the music i listened to as a kid, but on the other hand Bush Anthrax also kicks ass. It is two totally different styles of music. Not many bands can survive the loss of a singer,they continue to try to make the same style of music, Anthrax was smarter than that,that is why they have survived. So that being said Rock On !!!

damon505 said:
I see it like this. There are two Anthrax's, the Joey and the Bush. Personally i will always prefer the original joey albums, its the music i listened to as a kid, but on the other hand Bush Anthrax also kicks ass. It is two totally different styles of music. Not many bands can survive the loss of a singer,they continue to try to make the same style of music, Anthrax was smarter than that,that is why they have survived. So that being said Rock On !!!

I agree with the first part of your post, but who's to say that Anthrax wouldn't have survived if they played thrash throughout their careers? Yes, most bands in their scenario would buckle like a cheap suitcase, but in Anthrax's case they easily could've played the same style with John Bush, and survived imo. Yes he can sing other styles, but John Bush sounds awesome singing thrash! :headbang: . I was always hoping Anthrax would make a pure thrash album/ep with John. Just wanted to add that I think John is a very versatile vocalist, he could sing a shitload of styles and sound good. :headbang:

strik9 said:
I agree with the first part of your post, but who's to say that Anthrax wouldn't have survived if they played thrash throughout their careers? Yes, most bands in their scenario would buckle like a cheap suitcase, but in Anthrax's case they easily could've played the same style with John Bush, and survived imo. Yes he can sing other styles, but John Bush sounds awesome singing thrash! :headbang: . I was always hoping Anthrax would make a pure thrash album/ep with John. Just wanted to add that I think John is a very versatile vocalist, he could sing a shitload of styles and sound good. :headbang:
you are right, i was just making the point that most bands dont survive the replacement of a lead singer,or they at least suffer creativly o_O

bush can sing any of joey's shit, id hate to hear what joey singing something like Hy Pro Glo or Inside Out would sound like

I grew up listening to the Joey era Anthrax albums and lost interest slightly when he left despite the fact that I loved John Bushs voice, as you can imagine I was really excited to hear of his recent return but it got me thinking about how it all happened.. were things with John already at breaking point when the switch was made or did they just drop him to raise the bands profile on the back of a reunion? They spent a long time building a strong catalogue of songs with a new singer and updated sound whilst managing to maintain a strong fanbase against the odds, nostalgia did not appear to be on their agenda. Basically.. is this not just a sign that Anthrax have stopped viewing themselves as serious contenders and are finally deciding to sit back and trade on the nostalgia of their past glory? It would be intersting to know the story behind it all.

Jack Sabbath said:
I grew up listening to the Joey era Anthrax albums and lost interest slightly when he left despite the fact that I loved John Bushs voice, as you can imagine I was really excited to hear of his recent return but it got me thinking about how it all happened.. were things with John already at breaking point when the switch was made or did they just drop him to raise the bands profile on the back of a reunion? They spent a long time building a strong catalogue of songs with a new singer and updated sound whilst managing to maintain a strong fanbase against the odds, nostalgia did not appear to be on their agenda. Basically.. is this not just a sign that Anthrax have stopped viewing themselves as serious contenders and are finally deciding to sit back and trade on the nostalgia of their past glory? It would be intersting to know the story behind it all.

Same here....grew up listening to the Joey era.....lost interest after that until WCYFA....good album....then started listenin to the other Bush stuff.....its good as well.....Personally I think this line up may last for about a year or so.....I think this will just basically be a tour line up while Bush spends some time with his family.....dunno if Im reading to much into this reunion gig thing, but the tour shirts say World Tour 2005 Phase 1....I think theyre gonna tour with this line up for a while, and when Bush is happy, he'll be back again......As for guitarists....i reckon/hope Spitz stays, (I know that a lot of people out there have said hes a poser....even saw it for myself in Dublin) Hes a good solid giutarist..and totally into the Thrax thing.....everytime Ive seen Caggiano he never seemed into it totally, he seems to be thinking....oh ok....im playing someone elses songs/solos.....I dunno if its just me but he never seemed to be "in it"....hes got a good career outside of Thrax as a producer......as for Frankie....hes the only bassist for Thrax EVER....he always plays his ass off and should sort out his differences and get on with it.....BIG POST....LOT OF RANTS.....its over now....laters people

well after seeing last nights show now i can make some of my views known,forget about all the bullshit and just go to these shows,they were redhot last night,joey and danny had a blast on stage and were flawless throughout the night,this show had so much energy it was not funny,someone in the crowd had a banner up saying welcome back to australia,the real anthrax is back,well i cant argue with that,i wouldnt mind 1 little bit if joey and danny continued on.

The Bush era kicks ass, but let's face it there is an era of magic with Joey and Dan that's just not there w/o them. Yeah, I know the personal issues, etc, but the proof is in the music.

I'm psyched about the reunion lineup!!!

i like the versions of the old school songs with bush singing, hes AMAZING wtf is is wrong with him, he is the best replacement for anthrax , joey is classic but bush seems like he sounds better live

metalugene said:
it's so metal! bush sucked he was too LA, way too comercial and they sold out when the got him!!!!!
i am so happy for anthrax they were always way heavier and faster with dan and joey, a real thrash band!!!! not some polished hard rock like saint, i hate them. speed metal LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

I would use a little more nuance, but I agree with the essence of it....

Bush was OK, I liked the music better when Joey was in the band....