I MET SCOTT IAN!! Part 1!

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
Friends, neighbors, my fellow Americans, this surely was the second most momentuous weekend of my life! The most longed for, anticipated, climactic, planned out, fiasco of my days!

The most momentous occassion being the birth of my son; This weekend was a close second.

I communed with, not one, not two, not three, but four (count 'em!) American heros. Four legends of our great society. Four who have made our lives much better for having lived. Four whose names are immortalized throughout this land, wherever drinks are quaffed, music is appreciated, and the finer things in life are a way of living!!!

I was living the dream this weekend. All week long I was looking forward to the trip to Milwaukee. So much so, that by the time Sunday morning rolled around, I was just about ready to
pukeface.gif

A friend and I rolled out of town at approximately 10:30 AM, for the 4 1/2 hour trip to the show. One hour into the drive we had to pull over at a tavern for a couple of Blatz to keep us fueled (and also to post an Anthrax Flyer on the bulletin board!); we promptly lit out after extolling the many virtues of America's finest premium beer: BLATZ, Established Milwaukee 1851.

You see, we were not only planning on the Anthrax concert, we were also going to commune with America's most celebrated son: Herr Val Blatz himself!!!!!

Some reserach showed the great man was interred in Forest Home Cemetery in Milwaukee.....
...but wait.....
...so was......
Joseph Schlitz......and.....Frederic Pabst!
Oh the joy of research on the net; thank God for "Findagrave.com"!!

The "BIG 3" of America's brewing:
Blatz, Established Milwaukee, 1851. First man to put beer in Bottles.
Pabst: First to establish the 6 pack!
And there little friend Schlitz, the beer that made Milwaukee belch!

YES!! And we were on our way!!

All in the same boneyard a mere hop, skip and a stagger away from the concert hall!!!

(End of part 1)

One more stop in Neenah, Wisconsin to pick up a fellow cohort and we were off like a prom Dress!

Excitement was in the air, and there was a certain joie de vivre present. The spirit of Blatz was all around and certainly in us.

We made it to our hotel by approximately 3:30 or so. Said hotel was on the same block as the Rave (where the show was at!). After dealing with the worlds slowest Hotel clerk, we were ensconced in our room (a dump, mind you!) But who cared? We were hours from Anthrax, and only miles from Blatz's physical, actual last resting place on God's Green Earth....

....speaking of green....we were not only communing with Blatz' spirits, we were also, partaking of some glorious herbage!!! What a fine day, filled with great thoughts, and the impending knowledge of doing things few have ever done!

Soon we had our fill (for the present) and we were out the door, into the car, and on the final leg of our quest. A quest that started for us, many years ago, in the tender twilight of our teen years when we first popped an amber bottle of the nectar Blatz, and were immediately transported to the Elysian Fields!!!

A short jaunt and we were in Forest Home Cemetery. And what a Boneyard!!! In all My life I have never seen a Graveyard that big!! It truly was tremendous! How to find the grave? Shitloads of dead people!

(Mind you, I had some pics off the 'net, but this dead field was immense!)

It was decided to "let the car do the driving", and sure enough, without any concious effort, we soon spotted a monolith of extreme proportions!! It was there!!! It looked like the Great Pyramid of Giza!!!

Finally our quest was realized!!! We were there!!!!! BLATZ!!! Oh the joy you have given us!!!

Here it is:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=1098090&gid=2145067& (Peruse through for pix!)

YES!!! What a momentuous occassion!!!

And of course I pinned an Anthrax flyer up!!

We were there. Many beers were being consumed. Many. Much herbage was being inhaled. A great day!!! And then off to the side of Blatz grave it was spied:
SCHLITZ GRAVE!!

And who was down the road??

PABST!!

YES!! YES!!! A glorious day!!!

Part 3, Conclusion!

What a fine spring day, my friends. A fine day. Good friends, cold beer, and we are standing on the sacred ground where America's beer kings are laid to rest.

You could feel it in the air. Something was going on here. I was numb and stingy from my asshole both ways.

Then, what has since been entitled, the day of "Miracle Ear" happened.

One of my fellow travelers has suffered from tinitis for over 10 years (tinitis being a constant ringing the ears.) Suddenly he was overcome with an odd feeling: he could hear again! The tinitis was gone!!! A miracle!! Surely Blatz was at work in us, this day!!! More beers were quaffed in celebration!!

Exuberance was surely evident in us. Even as carloads of "cemetery visitors" passed us by, looking at us with someting akin to superstitious dread: beer bottles everywhere, cameras going off, and 3 drunk guys making toasts on Val Blatz' final resting place.

Soon we were making phone calls to everyone we knew to tell them of our incredible feat, and the day of the "miracle Ear!"

But as we all know, all good things come to an end. Our beer was gone, our herbage was consumed, and a creeping paranoia, that the "Dead Police" (Or as most know 'em Cemetery cops) would surely swoop down on us, and throw us in the hoosgaw, was becoming ever-more pronounced!

Reluctantly we paid leave of our heros, but not before we could scrawl an epic poem, penned on Blatz's granite, entitled ""Ode to Blatz: Live at the Death".

Now it was time to go get some tacos.....

End of part 3.

So we were back in the parking lot at our hotel. Once we left the car we had to cross the street to get to the other side....why? .....because that's where the Taco Bell was.

But, wait just a minute! There he was, chrome dome gleaming in the sun!! Scott "fuckin'" Ian!!!

We took off at a rolling gait, and soon the little guy was before us, signing autographs, for some fans. Yes!! The only thing I had on me, was my Wal-Mart reciept. Scott signed it.

My friend who was cured of tinitis, just wanted to Thank Scott for all the great music over the years, and then tell him about our annual party, "Night of the Goat".....

I was a little too paranoid to stick around and listen, so I receded into the background.

4 AMERICAN ICONS IN ONE DAY! 3 DEAD, ONE ALIVE!

Who can top this?

I daresay I have been to the top of the mountain, and had a chance to look around. And what I saw was good.

A momentous day, indeed. And one that will not soon fade away.

If you care to peruse the pix, of the BEER GIANTS, go to:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=1098090&gid=2145067&

My friends, this was a GREAT DAY!

P.S. That night, my friend who was cured of tinitis (at Blatz' grave), had a relapse when Motorhead took the stage. Go figure.

My magnum opus!

My "Moby Dick", my "War & Peace", my epic and no one has a comment on this thread?

Extremely unusual my friends. Extremely unusual!

The razor is on my wrists as I write!

Dude, you were up in my neck of the woods! (Neenah) I'm still irked I couldn't go... Cool pics, by the way. I heard the show was fucking awesome. Of course, every show I've seen there, (including Iron Maiden and HammerFall/Death) has been kickin' ass!

BTW, there's a site where you can get old Blatz work shirts (picked one up about a year ago there). Head over to www.brewcitybeergear.com, and check out the awesome Milwaukee & brewery shit they have. (Not trying to whore other peoples wares, but the stuff is cool)

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feed back. Brat, you get my sense of humor in a heartbeat: for that I salute you!

And Sgt-D, I would have picked you up for the show, if you would have caught my earlier thread....sorry. And yeah I know about Brewcity Beer Gear......I got a couple of Blatz shirts from there!!

I would have posted more on the content/quality of the show, but I was drunk/high/paranoid when viewing, which would not make for a good review.

Likewise about Scott...I was wasted when I met him...I hope he's not mad at me...LOL!

At the end of the show we all waited outside the bus hoping to catch a glimpse (and perhaps touch) OF SHAVEN BUSH!

It was to no avail however. One of the band's lackeys told us he was already sleeping. Yet, the true faithful waited.....wanting to talk to, see, and touch the SHAVEN BUSH!

After an hour or so of waiting around....even the diehards left, unfulfilled in there quest to commune with THE SHAVEN BUSH, or any other members of the band.

By and large a successful day, with the exception of getting a chance to hang with THE SHAVEN BUSH!

Maybe, next time.....

Sounds like a fuckin awesome day man. Your story reminds me how I need to get out more and do shit like that again, it's been way too long. Those pics rule btw
lol.gif

"Sounds like a fuckin awesome day man. Your story reminds me how I need to get out more and do shit like that again, it's been way too long. Those pics rule btw
lol.gif
"

Thank you, I am glad my work has not gone unnoticed!

Hey all!

I just wanted to bump this post back into the top 10. I see some people have not had a great experience with Scott. All I can say he was cool to me and my friends. Signed our stuff, and had a few words.

We all have good days. And bad days.

I imagine being on tour can be pretty shitty.

MOSH!

P.S. I had a bitch of a time finding this thread!

vomit said:
I thought I would bring this post back up.....it's been 3 years, and this was still one of the finest days of my life..........
I read damn near every post in this thread before I realized it was 3 years old!o_O Sounds like you had a great day!