I need a gate that will look-ahead......

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
I've been using the GoldenGate plugin lately and it is pretty nice, but I wish it had a look-ahead feature!:mad: You know, so that it will open up just a few ms before a tom strike.

I'm using Audition 1.5, so side-chaining is out.......

Does anyone make a plugin that will do what i'm wanting here?

yeah duplicate the track move one slightly forward and use this one for sidechaining if possible

I'm not catching on how to do this sorta side-chain in Audition1.5

Make a duplicate track.....set one a few ms ahead of the other. And insert Fx: Goldengate on both tracks. Then what?

I read it a few times but it doesn't work.

It say to put the two tracks on a "pad".....and insert the effect twice. One set for trigger "----" the other set for "gate1".

SO...I got two separate tracks in multitrack view......each running the gate. One is set for "----" the other set for "gate 1". Still no dice.

I tried, and tried, and can't make it work. What's the deal here? Am I missing something?:cry:

I just looked at the manual (Have not used this yet) but it says that . "----" is for no gate at all... set one for "Internal" (triggered by the sound) set the other to "Gate 1" (Triggered by the gate triggered by the sound) :)

--TiMmY--

--TiMmY-- said:
I just looked at the manual (Have not used this yet) but it says that . "----" is for no gate at all... set one for "Internal" (triggered by the sound) set the other to "Gate 1" (Triggered by the gate triggered by the sound) :)

--TiMmY--

I tried that too...... no workie.

One thing I did notice is that no matter what I set it to on either one, towards the top where it graphically shows the attack/hold/release, it says gate2. But when I got to select the trigger.....it only lets me pick from Gate1, Internal, and ----.

and btw.....how the hell are two different tracks with separately applied Goldengates gonna be able to trigger of each other?:loco:

SInce audition can not sidechain, maybe the 2 instances of the plug can not "talk" to each other..

"how the hell are two different tracks with separately applied Goldengates gonna be able to trigger of each other?"

They are not triggered off of each other, but slaved together. Kinda like rewiring reason into cubase.. This way you could have a gate on several drum tracks and have them all open and close based off of say the snare track..

right, I understand you there......

....but, I think it might do rewire "maybe" if I remember right......but no side-chaining until the 2.0 release. Which I may have to get, to get a gate to work properly.:cry:

ApolloSpeed said:
One thing I did notice is that no matter what I set it to on either one, towards the top where it graphically shows the attack/hold/release, it says gate2. But when I got to select the trigger.....it only lets me pick from Gate1, Internal, and ----.

Start from scratch. Click on one track, insert the plug-in. Select the other, insert it on that (don't just copy the first across). If you can select "Gate 1" in one of them, then you have two recognised instances - because if you only had one, Gate 1 wouldn't appear as an option in the list.

You also haven't said how exactly it's not working - is there no sound at all, or is are you just not hearing the gate open and close right? Move on copy of the track ridiculously out of place and play around with it then, so the gate opens and closes after the hit, just so you can make sure it's not doing anything.

Steve

i get no sound at all......

and how do I exactly "recognize" instances?

I got two separate tracks........ two separate goldengates running. One running gate1, the other running internal.

So that should be all I need to work it right?