Look-ahead gates

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Do any of you know any good look-ahead plug-in gates. I normally use the one that comes with the waves pack but always find an annoying 'click' at the start of drums whenever they're hit. I've tried rectifying that problem by setting it to open a bit later, but that kills all the attack, so I'm hoping a look-ahead one will rectify that.

Cheers.

There was a thread with a similiar request some time ago somewhere... it's all very nebulous in my head, but I recall people suggesting the Sonitus fx:gate. Tried that one yet?

Moonlapse said:
No, I haven't but I'll take a look at it now, thanks!

The Sonitus:FX gate comes with Sonar 5, you can't get it seperately.

I don't know any other plug-ins with a lookahead except the Sonitus one and Waves, but the DigitalFishPhones FloorFish gate wit hthe attack set to zero is nearly always sharp enough for me - and it's free.

Steve

The C1 Comp-Gate has it (and a couple of others - basically the ones that don't let you sidechain I think). It's just an option though; it's either on of off. The actual lookahead time it uses depends on the attack setting.

Steve

Moonlapse said:
Hey guys,

Do any of you know any good look-ahead plug-in gates. I normally use the one that comes with the waves pack but always find an annoying 'click' at the start of drums whenever they're hit. I've tried rectifying that problem by setting it to open a bit later, but that kills all the attack, so I'm hoping a look-ahead one will rectify that.

Cheers.

SawStudio channel gate. Oh wait.....

Moonlapse said:
Hey guys,

Cheers.

Really, You sure you just don't have the gate "gatting" to late. Or you might have it double gating.

Can you not send the duplicate (trigger) track to bus/aux x and then using a waves comp use that send as the key/trigger input once it has been moved ahead by 3 - 5 ms? sorry havent used Nuendo for a long time so cant remeber the routing possibilities. It is very comprehensive and similar to real-world architechture so it should be possible, the above way

moose209 said:
Can you not send the duplicate (trigger) track to bus/aux x and then using a waves comp use that send as the key/trigger input once it has been moved ahead by 3 - 5 ms? sorry havent used Nuendo for a long time so cant remeber the routing possibilities. It is very comprehensive and similar to real-world architechture so it should be possible, the above way

can't really see where the difference to my suggestion is?