I need a spdif a/b switch

Joshua Wickman

Yes Sir!
Feb 11, 2009
Michigan
I asked this a long time ago but I have 2 hardware pieces that both run spdif and only have 1 input and output spdif on my digi002. Its a pain to keep unhooking one to hook the other up. Anything that is a fair price that can split these signals and let me control which one i want to use?

Since SPDIF is AFAIK just transferred over standard RCA coaxial cables, a cheap Radio Shack splitter should work (though I'm sure the execs at Apogee or Benchmark would cry tears of blood at the thought :D). I'd vote picking one up, saving the receipt, and returning it if it doesn't work!

I've heard of people doing it, though haven't ever myself (hell, my interface doesn't even have SPDIF i/o :loco: ) - I can't see why not in theory, though, and once again, there's an easy way to find out! :D

Well with digital signal, fortunately, there's no difference to be noticed - either all the bits make it (it works) or they don't! (it doesn't)

Thanks guys, yea its just in my rack so it would be like 2ft tops. I have spdif cables as well but was just wondering as I would like some backup cables to be safe.