I need some help recording.

Wheezer said:
:D No I didn't know that. Pretty cool just the same.

I work right next to an airport and for some reason there are a few businesses here that restore antique aircraft. The hangar directly across the street has a Japanese Zero being restored. They also had a P51 Mustang there last Summer.

Great pics :wave: . The Spitfire Supermarine XVI and the Mustang P-51 are among my favorite fighters from WWII .

Wyvern said:
Great pics :wave: . The Spitfire Supermarine XVI and the Mustang P-51 are among my favorite fighters from WWII .

Those two top my list too along with the F4U Corsair. Although I'm not as sure as you are about the exact version of Spit that I like. :D

I love the P51 Mustang, The Messersmith 109 and the Spitfire of course!

I also used to build airplanes :)

I also read the biographies of two Battle of Brittan hero's; Robert Staford Tuck and Douglas Bader, the one legged pilot who ended up in Colditz castle because he kept escaping the prison camps were they send him to! Even when he had just one leg!

Hawk said:
I love the P51 Mustang, The Messersmith 109 and the Spitfire of course!

I also used to build airplanes :)

Yup. The 109 and the Focke Wolf 190 are also favorites of mine. Hell, nearly any WWII era plane is a favorite. :)

I still build on occasion but now I build stick and tissue planes that actually fly. I haven't got the skills to build a scale model yet but the P51 is tops on the list when I do.

Hawk said:
I also read the biographies of two Battle of Brittan hero's; Robert Staford Tuck and Douglas Bader, the one legged pilot who ended up in Colditz castle because he kept escaping the prison camps were they send him to! Even when he had just one leg!

Thank you for that! I knew Bader's story but not the name. I'll be rooching around a book store looking for it in the very near future. :)

Hawk said:

Look for Paul Brickhill's book, "Reach for the Sky"

Wait, I just found it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...80914/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-9008659-3683616

Wheezer said:
Thank you for that! I knew Bader's story but not the name. I'll be rooching around a book store looking for it in the very near future. :)

Don't forget Robert Stanford Tuck's story. You can get info about him here:

http://historynet.com/ahi/blroberttuck/

And I found the book about him called "Fly for your life:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...bs_b_2_1/103-8151782-9324638?v=glance&s=books

Turn out that it has been re-released this very year! :D It has been unavailable since the 70s!! I just ordered it. Yay!!! :Spin:

Hawk said:
Turn out that it has been re-released this very year! :D It has been unavailable since the 70s!! I just ordered it. Yay!!! :Spin:

Dude, you rock! :worship: I got both of those plus "The Damn Busters". I have a feeling I'll be ordering some more of Mr. Brickhill's books. I didn't know he wrote "The Great Escape". That's an all-time classic. Thanks a ton!

Wheezer said:
Ooooh, Metalshop! I loved that show. I used to have to wait for the local radio station to go off the air before I could get the station that broadcast it from over the hill. The local always ended their broadcast with a barbershop quartet version of the national anthem. That almost always bled into "Metalshop! The only show with teeth!" Nice contrast.

Nice to find another Metalshop fan! For some reason I've not been able to find many people that remember the show.... It was only on the air for 10 years... :) That show turned me onto a butt load of "fresh metal"... bands that I may not have known about back in the day if not for the show.

Wheezer said:
Dude, you rock! :worship: I got both of those plus "The Damn Busters". I have a feeling I'll be ordering some more of Mr. Brickhill's books. I didn't know he wrote "The Great Escape". That's an all-time classic. Thanks a ton!

I once build an Avro Lancaster B111 "Dambuster" model, I know the story of how the bombs worked and that out of 19 sent only 8 returned, I didn't know there was a book out, it should be interresting. I saw "The great escape" with Steeve McQueen, classic movie.

Dambuster.jpg

Greeno said:
Nice to find another Metalshop fan! For some reason I've not been able to find many people that remember the show.... It was only on the air for 10 years... :) That show turned me onto a butt load of "fresh metal"... bands that I may not have known about back in the day if not for the show.

I loved that show. Like you said, I got turned on to a ton of stuff I'd never heard before. It was my one hour window to the outside world. Wow! It was on for 10 years!?!? I only caught about three years worth. :erk:

Greeno said:

METAL SHOP RULES! I couldn't wait for that show to come on... LOL

By the way, if anyone needs help cleaning up their recordings from vinyl... i have sound forge and am pretty good with it. i did production for a local rock station a few years back......

Hey Wheezer and Zomb.... do you guys have any Metalshop shows on vinyl or cd? If so let me know because I'm always looking for people to trade shows with. I've put about 30 shows onto cd so far and have another 10 or 15 on vinyl still to do.