I NEED OF TONE!!!

First, tell him to fuck off for trying to tell you to use his radioshack mic because who the fuck brings a mic with them to studio? seriously. However, it is his tone and your clients pay you to make their music sound the way they want. It's your job to make it sound good. I don't know why so many people seem to only be able to use a 5150 or a trip rect. I have to admit though, metal zones are the absolute fucking worst for recording..

Well I for one have brought mics to the studio almost every time I've recorded

Well I for one have brought mics to the studio almost every time I've recorded

Yes, but you see he was convinced that his mic was awesome because it was one of the pricier radio shack mics. This wasnt a problem though. All i had to do was say, "hey man, this sm57 was like $100." and he was sold haha.

For the record, they are teens so ill cut em some slack. I was there once...but dayum, they need to just chill and learn a few things.

They also used a Flextone or something didn't they? I think I can hear more than a hint of Line6 in The Blackening.

Actually, one time I had a guitar tone worked up, a guy came round, he said it was just like "Burn My Eyes" so we put the CD on and compared, it was barely even similar.

If a guy says he wants to sound "like Machine Head", perhaps sometimes the tone he has in mind doesn't actually resemble any recorded Machine Head tone too closely...

their tone changed alot through the years...

they used a cab with greenbacks for Burn My Eyes... pretty sure on the documentary for the blackening they blew out their marshall cab and got a 1960s with V30s in it...

*Disclaimer - anything I say could be credited as utter shite, i'm just going off what I hear....*

Did anyone hear about his house just being robbed????