Reamp Request

DevilJaw

Studio Junkie
Sep 5, 2007
Arizona, USA
sup dudes, i got a couple tracks im working with, but my amp needs a tube change(phase inverter on my 5150 II died).

so if anyone would like to ramp these for me, that would be great.

what im looking for is, TS808->5150->v30 4x12->SM57+MD421(if this is not possible, your best combo or single mic config will do)

tone wise, i was thinking thick and clear, i want that huge tone that i know you can get from the green channel, just some good ole double tracking. or if you can get something similar on the red that would do fine.

here's the files,
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e384316ce8932edcd2db6fb9a8902bda

just two guitar tracks.

at first:
- file rich -5 db (-7db better, imho)
- its 24 bit (32 better I think)
- and I think you can play that riffs with MUCH more attaсk= better sound
- is it new strings? which di box or sound card (instrument in) you use?
- maby it can be played tighten

here some, if you like, I can do all lenght clip(but I hope you can and want to do better di):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wjfsm0 (without tubrscreame or other booster)

p.s. sorry for my english :)

I'm pretty busy so no promises but I can get you either dual 57 or single 57.

Oh and I don't have a 808. I have one of these:
iban-tk999us-051105.jpg

The rest of what you asked for I has.

its a rather odd gain setup that works for this playing, on my 5150 II, i just got some new tubes and tried it out.

the idea behind the tone is pushing the amp with faily hot input signal, i eventually used the lead channel with low gain, about 2.5-3, mids around 2.5, highs at 5, lows at 8.5 and resonance at 10, presence at 9.5 and boosted with 808, i even went a little further by increasing the output from the REAMP box, but the real key to the tone is the MD421, with a single 57 its so so, but you blend that 421 in and it just roars. i have never heard such a mean tone from a 5150 II. of course the tone is useless without the bass and drums, so its very tight and punchy.

details on the guitar were,

LTD EC500 with EMG 85 Bridge with 18volt mod with 12-60 gauge strings from everly(x-rockers, thought i would try something new), CGCFAD tuning. thinking about it now, i probably should have changed the strings, i was choking the shit out those strings to the point of the metal with wearing off on my fingers.

also used LTD Viper 2005 with 85 Bridge with same setup as above. they both went my firepod's DI input.

but thanks for the replies, i just needed a 2nd opinion on the tone as this was an experiment.

ill get back with you with a full mix when its done.

if you guys want to give it a try, give it a go, because as i said this is unusual gain structure experiment.