I need to tune my guitar like DT, what string gauge??

krigsbarn

råj råj fiskjöbåt
Sep 5, 2003
i skogen
Hey, my boyfriend started a new project and he wants me to use my ESP guitar to record the stuffs :-D ... BUT BUT!! his guitar is tuned up to C#, like DT I guess... what string gauge do you think is best ?? like, what does N.Sundin use ?? I saw that there are multiple 54/11 in Dean Markley's and I'd like to know the full gauge of each string lol... sorry if I ask so much! I just don't feel like trying gauges and wasting strings just for the test heheheheh... by the way, it's not cuz I'm a girl that I should have noodle-like strings so if it has to be heavy, then heavy it is!!

the strings they used on each record are listed on the faq page of the official site. there's a link to it in the rules thread too.

i do not risk venturing any opinion since i clearly have no inside knowledge of gauges, strings, guitars, or girls for that matter. ;)

Lol thanks pal's!!! Ok, 11 you guys said, I also saw the FAQ on the official website. Uhm uhm... 012 052

- WHAT STRING GAUGE DO YOU USE?

Martin: .013 - .056 strings and Niklas uses .012 - .052.

The funny thing is that on the Dean Markley signature series the 56/13 gauge strings are labeled DT!... damn, I wonder what it stands for ... ;-)

Ok, I tuned my guitar on 12-54 lol, yep yep, 11 is too gay for me! >X-D

in addition to that, you could and should check out the official faq page - created with the assistance of villain - on the dark tranquillity website, which is guaranteed to provide an answer to most of your questions. should you ask them again on the forum, prepare to be directed to the above link and be laughed at as if you just said your favourite movie is home alone 2: lost in new york.

- WHAT GUITAR TUNINGS ARE USED ON EACH ALBUM?

skydancer - C# of chaos - E gallery - D# enter - C# mind's I - C# projector - C# haven - D# damage - C#

- WHAT STRING GAUGE DO YOU USE?

Martin: .013 - .056 strings and Niklas uses .012 - .052.

Haha, Home Alone 2 sucsk :lol:

OR
Something like ´16 and tune your guitar G# (or use 7-stringed). That would sound awesome. Or C# one octave lower.

home alone 2: lost in new york.
GOD! I hate that movie, and the mainactor, malaki fucking what ever coulkin:
He should be torn apart, have his guts removed while he still lives.
Then someone should shotgun-fuck his bloody torso and finally he should be communited.

RealHazard said:
home alone 2: lost in new york.
GOD! I hate that movie, and the mainactor, malaki fucking what ever coulkin:
He should be torn apart, have his guts removed while he still lives.
Then someone should shotgun-fuck his bloody torso and finally he should be communited.
Should I add this to my sig and remove the quote or leav eit as it is...
I need to update the SS links anyway