I NEED YOUR HELP!

Umm.... this is my text now:

First of all I would like to write something about my education:

From first to fourth grade I went to elementary school. After that I attended the ‘Orientierungsstufe’, a school where teachers decide on which school the pupils should go to. I went to the ‘Gymnasium’, where I still am currently.

I would like to participate in this exchange because I think it would be a great experience to be in a different country for 3 months. I would not only be able to learn about a different culture than my own but I also would be able to practice my english which could be very useful in my life, for example for a job.
I believe that Canada is a beautiful nation and that it is interesting to meet new people and communicate with them in a language that is foreign to me.

My father works as an administrative officer. My mother used to work as a doctor’s assistant but at the moment she stays at home and runs our house.

My family and I go bowling or play minigolf once a month.
There are no special rules in our family. I can go to places I like but it depends on certain things. For example, there must somebody I know who will be there, where it is and what type of event it is (a concert, a party, etc).

I changed some words and sentences because I think the teacher would see that I didn't do it by myself.

Is it ok like that? :)

i don't post here often anymore namely because the same topics show up over and over but hopefully this helps you out in your journey to north america

Umm.... this is my text now:

First of all I would like to write something about my course of education:

From first to fourth grade I went to the elementary school. After that I attended the ‘Orientierungsstufe’, a school where teachers decide on which school the pupils should go to. I went to the ‘Gymnasium’, where I still am currently.

I would like to participate in this exchange because I think it would be a great experience to be in a different country for 3 months. I would not only be able to learn about a different culture than my own I also would practice my english which could be very useful in my life, for example for a job.
I believe that Canada is a beautiful nation and that it is interesting to meet new people and communicate with them in a language that is foreign to me.

My father works as an administrative officer. My mother used to work as a doctor’s assistant but at the moment she stays at home and runs our house.

Me any my family go bowling or play minigolf once in a month.
There are no special rules in our family. I can go out to places I like but it depends on certain things. For example, there must somebody I know who will be there, where it is and what type of event it is (a concert, a party, etc).

I changed some words and sentences because I think the teacher would see that I didn't do it by myself.

Is it ok like that? :)

Instead of "I also would practice my english" I would say "I would also be able to practice my English." :)

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Sorry I don't get told that very often :p

Good luck.

Being right isn't a big deal in this case :lol: You helped a non-english person write something in your native tongue, though commendable, it's like tying the shoes of a man who has no fingers and then claiming how amazing at knots you are :p I think you and I are the only anglos who helped her, though.

Being right isn't a big deal in this case :lol: You helped a non-english person write something in your native tongue, though commendable, it's like tying the shoes of a man who has no fingers and then claiming how amazing at knots you are :p I think you and I are the only anglos who helped her, though.

1. It was a joke
2. You're not strictly English so don't lie
3. Go back to your own thread and flame.

:p

I just found this thread again...BUMP!

If anyone wants to know: They didn't pick me. :(
...but whatever, they didn't pick anyone of our school anyway, not even from somewhere close to our city. Nice to know that all that work was for nothing. :Smug:

No, well...it was for class 9 and 10. But only about 20 people wanted to go there and participate in that.
And...well, the teachers had to decide for two of them. And those...letters of application were sent to Hannover, where they had to decide between letters of application from all over germany.
So...well, the chance was really small.

And I'm not sad at all...knowing I'd have to go to Canada in half a year? Hm, nah. Well, Canada is really great and I'd really want to go there...but not this year. I don't want to be away from home 3 months now.

Global warming has totally fucked England to shit :lol:

Seriously, recently it's been freezing temperatures in the morning, boiling hot during the day, and then freezing again in the afternoon. It's never just "mild" or "warm" any more, always one end of the extremes.

I have to write a short text about my course of education (?), my family and the rules in our family for an exchange to canada. :)kickass:!!!)

Could you please read it and tell me where I made mistakes or how I could make it sound better?

Here's the text:

First of all, I would like to write something about my course of education:

From 1st to 4th grade I went to the elementary school.
After that I was at the ‘Orientierungsstufe,’ a school where teachers decide on which school the pupils should go to.
I (Consider a transition, ex. "Then, I was sent to...)went to the ‘Gymnasium,’ where I still am("where I am still attending").

I would like to participate in this exchange because I think it would be a great experience to be in a different country for 3 months.
I also think that Canada is a beautiful country and it’s intresting(interesting) to meet new people and communicate with them in a foreing(foreign) language.

My father works as a asministrative(administrative) officer. My mother used to work as a doctor’s assistant, but at the moment she only does some work in our house.

Once in(Omit: i.e. "Once a month,") a month, me and my family(my family and I) go bowling or play minigolf.

There are no special rules in our family. If I can go out, depends on different things. For example if there’s somebody I know, where it is, and what it is (a concert, a party, etc.).(this section doesn't read very well as a whole. consider revising)

Thank you. :)