I need YOUR suggestions for mellow tunes for children

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
My roommate is a teacher of 2- to 4-year-olds. They have naptime for a couple of hours each day, during which the teachers play a soothing, mellow CD. I'm going to make a mix of mellow, soothing, music from talented bands, so she doesn't have to play bland crap like Jack Johnson and John Mayer.

So, offer me some suggestions. Instrumental stuff is best, but not totally necessary; nothing that crescendoes, like 5ive or Godspeed (unless you can think of a song that doesn't); I know most good music is periodically intense and this rules out a lot of that, but it's the nature of the beast, sadly.

I was thinking of picking out that instrumental Tiamat song from A Deeper Kind of Slumber; NIN's "A Warm Place", maybe some Slowdive (if you know a good song, suggest it) and Sigur Ros (track1, perhaps).

Actually there's about 2.3 million Paul Simon songs to choose from, particularly from the middle part of his career (There Goes Rhymin' Simon, S/T, etc.) Not his strongest stuff, but very mellow usually. Spec. songs like Me & Julio, Train in the Distance, 59th St. Bridge SOng (Feelin' Groovy) etc. etc. etc.