i quess lott just stepped down...

I don't know much about Frist, but I think it's encouraging he does doctor work in Africa. I don't think Preppy will much cotton to his shady medical-experiments-on-kittens past, though.

i hate trent lott. he's a fucking asshole. but i have this vague sense of indecency because a lot of democrats have been busted saying inappropriate shit and gotten off the hook easier. granted, it's just a vague feeling but still.

frist at least doesn't seem to be part of the old guard and his resume makes him seem like at least a fairly smart dude. it's a step in a positive direction I think.

Yeah, I'm really surprised by all this. I think if it hadn't been for the videotapes of his earlier commentary this would have been flavor-of-the-week stuff that everyone forgot about. This is not to say he's not a racist prick.

what's also funny is the delayed reaction. like, this story was literally on page 6 of the new york times 2 days after it happend. and then it suddenly BLEW the fuck up.

i think that indicates that Lott's advisers totally fucked up handling/spinning it.

I don't feel guilty at all, really. Like I said, it's politics, you rarely get busted for what you deserve to get busted for, but you often get sunk by what you don't deserve to lose your career over. Gary Condit, Saddam Hussein, and a long list of others would probably agree.