I really need to vent this to you guys right now...bands are such ASSholes

is these the eq settings on the guitars:
killmeplease-1319909520.jpg
??

is these the eq settings on the guitars:
killmeplease-1319909520.jpg
??

how the heck didja find that?!? and yeap... eventually scrapped all of that though and started over.

teigen has since come around and sympathized with me, i apologized to him for venting all my frustration on him. he said he would try to talk to the other band.

thanks for everyone listening to me whining... if i didn't have here to come to complain, i'd have to bring my girly drama to facebook or something. :saint:

stooping to their level just makes you look like a douchebag.

be a professional.

don't swear or rant at people and definitely do not tell them that they suck and will never go anywhere.

treating people like that will come back to haunt you.

You complaining to band A about band B makes you look like you're one of the bickering girls as well.

You should just go to their show and talk to them straight out. Tell them what they owe you and why. They are obviously amateurs and morons, but crying about them to their peers is only going to make you look unprofessional.

Good luck. At least next time around you know that if you're dealing with amateurs, you need to treat them as such and get paid in full up front.

Wow that sucks.. guess you will atleast next time do some more stuff to make sure you get payed (50% payment up front and all that)

With that being said, it seems very weird bitching about band 1 to band 2 which as far as I understand payed and have done nothing wrong (?)

Good luck in all this :)

NEVER EVER EVER give out material without receiving Payment.

doesn't matter who, How long you've known them or how much they badger you..
There are no friends in business.

NEVER EVER EVER give out material without receiving Payment.

doesn't matter who, How long you've known them or how much they badger you..
There are no friends in business.

This is it. Doesn't matter how friendly they are with you. If I've not been paid then they don't receive their mixes.

Also, if I'm not mastering it then it's not my problem to go looking for the mastering engineers money. Hey shouldn't have given them their 8 songs without payment. It was foolish of you to pay for that in all fairness.

Working with young bands is headwrecking but it's a paying gig. I find the trick with young, inexperienced bands is to be polite and friendly but also firm. Explain to them why you do things a certain way and try make them benefit from your experience rather than repeating mistakes you've seen other bands make even if they don't see it yet.