I showed my Windsor the knife!

So I got a bit bored and decided it's time for my Windsor head to look a bit more metal:

windsor2.jpg

Now you can see the warm tube glow :headbang:

Next up: Changing the knobs and either figuring out something decorative for the hole or ditching the whole "droopy penis"-part from the front.

EDIT: Changed the pic :)

An excellent way to lose its warranty... Doesn't matter if you can fix possible future problems in it yourself, though.

An excellent way to lose its warranty... Doesn't matter if you can fix possible future problems in it yourself, though.

Fixing it in the warranty means sending it to Thomann (a week), waiting for them to check the problem and decide if they're even able to fix it (at least two weeks), and if they can, waiting for them to fix it (at least another two weeks) and then getting it sent back to me (a week). Pretty much straight from their salesman's mouth :)

Cool! You doing it yourself or getting it done somewhere? The Windsor's headshell is ridiculously big considering the amp inside :)

Mojotone is Plexi'ing it up for me. I'm not too crafty with a saw.

Let's leave it at this: I made the tremolo block for my Ibanez Satch with a piece of wood, a serated bread knife, wood glue, and the side of my kitchen counter. Caveman style :lol:

I hate those knobs too! My Windsor is going to look like this, but the plate says "Windsor" in the same font and it's going to have all chicken head knobs.

Marsha1.jpg

Mojotone is Plexi'ing it up for me. I'm not too crafty with a saw.

Let's leave it at this: I made the tremolo block for my Ibanez Satch with a piece of wood, a serated bread knife, wood glue, and the side of my kitchen counter. Caveman style :lol:

I hate those knobs too! My Windsor is going to look like this, but the plate says "Windsor" in the same font and it's going to have all chicken head knobs.

Marsha1.jpg

Niiiiiice! But don't forget to mention the knobs on the Windsor go to twelve. It's as loud as Spinal Tap, and then one more!

:lol::lol::lol: Did you see me doing the block on my Ibanez because it sounds awfully similar. A spare piece of hardwood flooring, a copping saw I found in the garage, some Elmers glue - all performed on my computer desk.

Do you have a secret camera in my house so you can steal all my super secret engineering plans? :lol:

I realize this is old, but...

I turned my Windsor around in the cabinet so the droopy thing was at the back and the metal grill was at the front. While doing so I realized that the chassis bolts are the exact same spacing as a 5150 head cabinet. So, I had our bass player make a duplicate of my 5150 box in his cabinet shop and I had two amps which would easily stack on top of each other and neither of which was 2x bigger than it needed to be.

Ryan