I stole this idea, sort of...

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
I stole this from the The Chat forum, when Sexualist Death suggested something, but it seemed despite everyone agreeing it was a good idea, no one wanted to actually put in any effort and make it a reality.

So, here's my take on it:

I'll make a backing track, with some rhythm guitar, drums, bass and keyboards. I'll upload it onto an mp3.com page where you can download it from, then you add a lead guitar to it, add some vocals, some keyboard, whatever you like.
Mostly, I guess it'll be suitable for a guitar solo, but maybe you can come up with something for it.

We could have a little competition, see who can create the best guitar solo (we'll decide by a poll). No prizes, just for fun.

Anyone interested?

All for it bud, though i cant promise shit for quality since all i have to record with is a mic, but i can definitely lead over any rythem :) sweet idea too, btw

Rock on

Ok, cool! I've made one and I'll upload it to my mp3.com page. It's very "pleasant" sounding, and I'd suggest using something lydian-mode inspired over the first half of the progression, and natural minor for the middle eight. But I suppose I'm giving too much away. The point is for you to put what you think works on it.

I'll upload it and it should be approved for download within ten days.
The link to the page is in my quote at the bottom, but just incase anyone can't find that (is that possible?????), it's:

www.mp3.com/lee_cassidy

I'll call it something obvious, like "jam for soloing". I'll add a note to show which one it is, too.

I'll be interested to hear what people come up with.

I could do the vocals...at least I could try, dunno what you want really. And also the quality would be crap, since I record with a mic just like Mr.Painkiller...
Female vox...I'd win in that category here for sure! ;)
(Am I the only girl here?)

I've heard in a few other posts of girlsbeing here, though not many. Anyway happy to find a metalhead :headbang: rock on.

Hey, Eramaajarvi, feel free to give it a go. You'll definitely win the category, yeah. I doubt it's particularly good to add vocals to. It's not particularly metal-sounding, either. It's just something "fun" sounding.
It was uploaded yesterday, and I thought it took 10 days to be approved, but the notice says check in about 7 days.

Check out the last post in the "Does Anyone Want To Check Out My POD Tone?" thread. I gave some links to some cool software for recording, if that can help.

Lee, I'll try...I got assloads of lyrics I got nowhere to use, and it's not the first time I'm doing music with someone online, so i guess it might work. You'll hear it soon :)

It'll be there in a few days. mp3.com messed me around a little and they emailed me asking me to resubmit it :bah:
But it should be there within the next few days.

I'll post here as soon as it's online. I named it "Jam Backing Track" I think.

If anyone doesn't want to wait, post an email address here and I'll mail it to you. It's just over 1mb in size.

YAY!! It's online!

If you visit the page by clicking here or pasting this url in: http://www.mp3.com/lee_cassidy you'll find a short track called Jam Backing Track.
You'll probably want to stream it before downloading it, just to check if you're interested in playing over it.
If anyone wants, I'd be more than willing to make other longer, more metal backing tracks.
I'll add a solo to this, too. We can all compare results once people have done stuff to it.

If you do get it, can you either click the "contact" button on my mp3.com page or post here to say you did. I'd just like to keep track of who's doing what.

Thanks, and have fun with it.