I suppose the ProgPower debate is over...

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
At least as far as Enchant goes.

One of Glenn's very vague posts regarding the upcoming lineup mentions that of the ten bands he has loosely agreed on, none are from the US. I don't necessarily agree with that line of thought, but it's his show and he obviously knows what he's doing. None of the bands are 100 percent official, though. He also said two or three of the bands would be making their US debut. Also, there will be no returning bands from the previous two PP's, but from before that there may be a couple.

He does this every year to have a little fun and keep people guessing. It generates a huge thread of dream posts, but my list is already shot to hell, so what do I know? I'm guessing it'll be filled with chic vocal bands that begin with prepositions like Within Temptation and After Forever. That will not make paying for tickets easy, but I promised myself and a few buddies I'd be there this year no matter who shows up.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share and put any wondering to rest. I guess there's always a prog festival somewhere for 2006. Which one is usually the best?

Scott

Already covered on page 2 of the "Anyone going to Prog Power this year?" thread. Sad news indeed. I totally understand what you mean by, "...chic vocal bands that begin with prepositions like Within Temptation and After Forever. That will not make paying for tickets easy, but I promised myself and a few buddies I'd be there this year no matter who shows up."

np: Saviour Machine - Legend II

His "no digital camera" policy is just as insane.

I am sure I am going to have as much fun as I did last year (a BLAST!!) -

but as stoked as I am that the two returning bands might be either THRESHOLD or PAGAN'S MIND.....

I am bummed as hell about no ENCHANT or REDEMPTION....... :erk: :yell: :yell: :yell:

Well, I tried working Glenn about Enchant two years ago.... and definitely tried harder this year........ next year I'll give it a go again!! :headbang:

Me too! Our perseverance has got to pay off sometime! Enchant for PPVIII!

But, I wonder who the new band, that one of the rules doesn't apply to, is going to be. You know Ed has been awfully quiet lately in reguards to Prog Power. If Enchant was the new band, they couldn't tell us. But if they weren't, Ed could tell us. Ed, is Enchant the new band?

If you check out that long thread over on the PP forum the amount of support and positive feedback for us is pretty impressive. I was surprised to see how many posts and views there were, actually it is a huge thread. And a lot of people have viewed that and been turned on to Enchant. That's a WIN WIN situation no matter what!

Hey on the band that the rules don,t apply too? can,t really say? I have an idea who it might be? but I could be totally wrong. Its really hard to say what could happen? things change fast when it comes to festivals, and bringing bands across the pond is a major undertaking and always poses a challenge.

I will say that Glenn has done an amazing job with this festival and I am sure whomever he has lined up next year should be great as it always is. I am really going to try and get down there and see everyone and take in a great festival.

Kev you rule!

Unca Kev said:
Me too! Our perseverance has got to pay off sometime! Enchant for PPVIII!

But, I wonder who the new band, that one of the rules doesn't apply to, is going to be. You know Ed has been awfully quiet lately in reguards to Prog Power. If Enchant was the new band, they couldn't tell us. But if they weren't, Ed could tell us. Ed, is Enchant the new band?

ebass said:
If you check out that long thread over on the PP forum the amount of support and positive feedback for us is pretty impressive. I was surprised to see how many posts and views there were, actually it is a huge thread. And a lot of people have viewed that and been turned on to Enchant. That's a WIN WIN situation no matter what!

Hey on the band that the rules don,t apply too? can,t really say? I have an idea who it might be? but I could be totally wrong. Its really hard to say what could happen? things change fast when it comes to festivals, and bringing bands across the pond is a major undertaking and always poses a challenge.

I will say that Glenn has done an amazing job with this festival and I am sure whomever he has lined up next year should be great as it always is. I am really going to try and get down there and see everyone and take in a great festival.

Kev you rule!
Hey thanks Ed! I'd be glad to see ya there at PPVII either way bro! I can't wait to see what the lineup is and if your guess panned out.