i think i did good on this one!

vondano

Oct 28, 2011
Quebec
www.soundclick.com

i now love my rythm sound!!

all guitars are axe-fx 2 recto 2 org modern

this was the most fun song to make!

i usually take months to do a song and this one was composed, recorded and mix in 4 days!

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you compsed, recorded and mixed this song in 4 days, I'm 100% sure you're gonna have second thoughts about something, things you wanna change after hearing it a few houndred times and things in the mix you feel like improving. That aside, the song is interesting, doesn't sound like anything I've heard before. If I'm gonna comment strictly on the mix, I'd say its pretty good. Lacks some energy I guess, and the cymbals are kinda exhausting on the ears. I guess I'm no expert, but I'd try to high shelf them a little rather than lowering volume. I'm also missing some definition in the bass in some parts, right now it feels like it's mostly about guitars and drums. Are you planning on adding some vocals on top of this?

Hi!

Interesting music, beautiful harmonies. Cool solo on the keys!

Now, to the mix.
I'd suggest either less gain to the guitars or more accurate playing, 'cause they sound too noisy at the moment.
The solo guitar seems to have a very similar tone to the rhythm guitars (e.g., the same cab) - it interferes to localize its sound better in the mix.
Also, use more filtering on everything. For example, cut the overheads higher, so they won't be so mid-noisy in the mix. Cut the reverb/delay sends until the cuts are audible. Because these things bring the noise to the mix.
The intro guitar sounds have better tone, IMO.

P.S.: If you have the DIs and don't mind sharing them with the community, I think, many would be glad to mix you music in the different way. ;)

If you compsed, recorded and mixed this song in 4 days, I'm 100% sure you're gonna have second thoughts about something, things you wanna change after hearing it a few houndred times and things in the mix you feel like improving. That aside, the song is interesting, doesn't sound like anything I've heard before. If I'm gonna comment strictly on the mix, I'd say its pretty good. Lacks some energy I guess, and the cymbals are kinda exhausting on the ears. I guess I'm no expert, but I'd try to high shelf them a little rather than lowering volume. I'm also missing some definition in the bass in some parts, right now it feels like it's mostly about guitars and drums. Are you planning on adding some vocals on top of this?

ABSOLUTELY MAN!

i do regret lots of thing! I usually take months to record and mix something like that, but this time, its just came out super fast so i was super happy!

now, i do feel like the bass is a bit weak (tho i like the popping part) and i think this is why the song lack a bit of energy. I also feel like the cymbals are all over the place.

Hi!

Interesting music, beautiful harmonies. Cool solo on the keys!

Now, to the mix.
I'd suggest either less gain to the guitars or more accurate playing, 'cause they sound too noisy at the moment.
The solo guitar seems to have a very similar tone to the rhythm guitars (e.g., the same cab) - it interferes to localize its sound better in the mix.
Also, use more filtering on everything. For example, cut the overheads higher, so they won't be so mid-noisy in the mix. Cut the reverb/delay sends until the cuts are audible. Because these things bring the noise to the mix.
The intro guitar sounds have better tone, IMO.

P.S.: If you have the DIs and don't mind sharing them with the community, I think, many would be glad to mix you music in the different way. ;)

I play with no pic! hence the less-accurate playing. I probably should use a bit less gain, i usually reamp a song like 20 times before i settle on a rythm sound, but this time, it was so fast that i didnt reamp at all.

The solo are the same amp, i should say that this was a test for the recto sims for the axe-fx FW18, so i only used the recto into an Ownhammer IR. I usually do change sound for the solos. This time i just eq'ed it a bit differently.

Agreed about the cymbals, they are all over the place, i can hear it now.

My room is ZERO threated. This is the next step for me. I use good stuff (prestige ibanez with good pups, axe-fx2, ADAM A7x and ATHm50) but my room kills all this right now.

I do have some DI tracks. I have the rythm guitar and the bass. I also have the .midi for synths and drums!

If you guys wanna remix this, it would do ma an honor! You would have to explain how i can make tracks available for you to download... (like make a big .RAR with the .wave, some DI and some .midi i guess...)

anyway, thanx a lot for helping me out!