I think I got the Metalcore sound!

didn't know you were recording the new august burns red cd:lol:
joking aside, it sounds sick man, the tone sounds pretty dead on for this kind of music, but the edits kill it for me...

haha, thanks man! spent a while on the tone. As for the edits, weren't really my fault :/ it was theirs!

Dude this fucking slays now !!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

guitars need a bit of air try a boost between 7 and 8000

I really appreciate the advice, but imo, I don't really wanna risk boosting around 8k. seeing as it's a good spot for static.

That thing he said. Sunds sick man! really strong guitars *cough*shareyersamples*cough* :devil:

Which samples to be exact? because I don't exactly know how I'd share my samples. But if you really wanted them, I could send you aptrig files, and tell you how to get the snare sound. but only if i ever got around to it.

Sounds awesome now dude!

BUUUTTTT I'd still say the drums need more humanization. Try playing with the velocities a little, especially the kick IMO. I know in logic you can randomize the velocities and set a lowest and highest number of how hard or how soft you want it to be "hit".

You could adjust each note by hand making it more precise but personally, i think randomizing the velocities between two certain points will give you a more human sound. Drummers don't constantly hit their drums at an exact pressure/force/whatever!

Sounds awesome now dude!

BUUUTTTT I'd still say the drums need more humanization. Try playing with the velocities a little, especially the kick IMO. I know in logic you can randomize the velocities and set a lowest and highest number of how hard or how soft you want it to be "hit".

You could adjust each note by hand making it more precise but personally, i think randomizing the velocities between two certain points will give you a more human sound. Drummers don't constantly hit their drums at an exact pressure/force/whatever!

The drum sample isn't just 1 sample. It is humanized. Just to a certain extent.
If I humanized it anymore, it would be a floppy kick.
Which for this kind of music, is NOT a good thing.

The drum sample isn't just 1 sample. It is humanized. Just to a certain extent.
If I humanized it anymore, it would be a floppy kick.
Which for this kind of music, is NOT a good thing.

Yehyeh, I understand its not just one sample, just on some parts of the kick it sounds really machine like. Thats why I mentioned randomizing velocities. This is just my opinion obviously and if thats the sound your going for then thats fair enough

Yehyeh, I understand its not just one sample, just on some parts of the kick it sounds really machine like. Thats why I mentioned randomizing velocities. This is just my opinion obviously and if thats the sound your going for then thats fair enough

I appreciate your advice, though.
Just when I went heavier with the humanization, it went from a nice fleshy kick to a floppy overly human-like kick. Even with just a TAD big of humanization.

Thanks, though :D