i thought i was the only one

Is that "Mikael" as in Mikael in Opeth? In that case, I'm tempted to agree. He likes Camel!! :D

I suggest "The Visitor", but "Songs from the lions Cage" is fantastic as well.

Luckilt you're not the only one who knows who Arena are, but I'll tell you they could be so much bigger than they are. As usual it's probably just the size of the advertizing account that matters. That sucks.

Yep, agreed as well, with "The Visitor" you cannot go wrong.

But believe me, you will like them ALL.
I sometimes wish I still had all this music to discover that's now become so familiar to me...

Camel are great, too -- apart from that I think Andy should leave the singing to someone else.

God creates anything and everything - as you can see. :)

I agree that you should start with The Visitor, and then get the rest in this order: Songs from the Lions Cage, Pride, the live albums and The Cry. It makes sense to start with the Visitor since it is closest in production and writing style to Immortal.

Yeah, me too -- but simply for the reason that it's only just come out back then!
Yes, I must admit, I fell for the "ex-MARILLION sticker"-trap Arena used in the beginning ... but did not regret it for a single second and so have loved this band from the very start!

How did you get to know them, Lady, and when?

Originally posted by Madrigal
Yes, I must admit, I fell for the "ex-MARILLION sticker"-trap Arena used in the beginning ... but did not regret it for a single second and so have loved this band from the very start!

How did you get to know them, Lady, and when?
Well, if my memory serves me correctly, it was when the album has been released. The same way, I got into Symphony X. :)

In the early 90's I got so bored of some of the stuff that has been force-fed to the listeners, I got so sick of all of that and (as ususal) hit my favorite record store to just go and thumb through ALL shelves that had new releases and also second hand, mainly. Sometimes I have a strange way of picking bands (and/or songs to listen to first), so I went for bands' names ;)
Conclusion: The name "Arena" sounded interesting (you know, most of the time you can just judge by a band's name to get the type of music they play) and I have picked "Songs From A Lions Cage".
My other way of checking an album out: I hit "shuffle" and the first three songs I am listening to that way, I decide whether or not I like it.
Don't ask me about those three Arena songs, but well... All I can say is, I bought the album straight away.

I haven't fallen into the "ex-MARILLION sticker"-trap", as you called it, though, since I find it ridiculous just to go and buy and album because, if you know what I mean, or just because "ex-members" play in this and that band now... or by cover art.

Then again, I am Miss Picky, eh? *nudge*