I thought it would be interesting...

"I don't know why other metalheads dislike us. We're enemies of the christians too!"
so fuckin true. i give so much credit to rob halford. he had some serious balls to come out in a time that was even more closeminded than now.

gays are treated horribly in america, i mean look at bush's attempt at passing a fucking amendment to ban gay marriage. BAN IT!! he wants to explicitly write hate into the countries most sacred of documents. that and the fact that everyone who supports it does so because of their religion. theres a reason that we have a seperation of church and state!! so shit like this doesnt even become a problem and waste time.

"'All men are created equal' unless youre black or gay."

assholes are assholes....good point, but you forgot a key element to that philosophy. Good people are good people no matter what. What your neighbor does after he gets out of his car and waves to you should be no problem of yours. let it be. to paraphrase dennis miller, "What does it matter how they get off? Those who get off are less likely to get off off-ing people"

san fran? massachusetts has had more to do with this issue than SF recently. and fuck bush is right. too bad hes got a hell of a chance to win again

damn, i don't know why i didn't notice this thread earlier :p

Here in brazil at least, it's like all the people who are the true metalheads (not the posers with nirvana shirts :lol: :p) are like a big family... go to a metal concert, if you start talking with the guy right by your side, you'll probably get along! And that just plain rules :)

And about the forum,
i think the only forum i've ever set foot on and 99% of the people were pretty cool and n00b friendly was this one!

You guys rule :headbang:

have a SHOE! :zombie:

shoe.jpg

:D

dilema1362 said:
niiiice.

I have a question for those who read the thread to get a better understanding of different view points from all over the globe.
What is your viewpoint/opinions/thoughts on homosexuality (in general) and towards gay marriage?

I ask because america tends to be very homophobic and heterosexist (the belief that everyone is or should be straight) and ive always been a firm believer in civil rights and equality of all kinds. I went to an all male, catholic highschool where everyone was very homophobic and i hated it but somehow i survived and it made me into the person i am....but often times i feel like the only metalhead who takes a firm stance on gay rights/racism/etc. what are your thoughts?
i live with two gay women, and if i had a problem, i wouldnt be living there.

"catholics and other christians are against abortion, and against homosexuals. . . . well who has less abortions than homosexuals. Leave these fucking people alone for Christ's sake."

whatever makes you happy, thats how i see it.

after bush gets shot down with this ammendment, he will leave it to states rights to make laws regarding homosexual marriages, and he will pay a loooooooot of money to sway their decisions, too. if it does get "banned" there will just be an uprising of underground churches that perform these marriages, like tattoo parlours in Boston.

I guess I joined this community (after ages of just reading the forum) because I'm not really in touch with the metal community here in Norway.
I kind of missed it, even tho I still go to gigs and stuff... it's just not the same. I miss my hometown... And I miss the feeling that a festival like WOA gives me, with metalheads from all over the world.

There's certainly some kind of elitism in the metal scene, for better or worse. I feel that most people around here are quite open minded but the fact that we dont listen to M&M and 50pence is actually what makes us what we are. However, some people use this to behave like arseholes and start fights about who is more metal. You listen to power-metal, you're gay. You listen to black metal, they can only scream. You listen to a grind-core band that's sold more than 2 copies of their last album, you're sold out.

And about homosexuality... I don't think metal scene is either more open minded or homophobic than others. I would say it depends more on the cullture and experiences of each individual. I have a bisexual side myself, which I haven't explored yet (and hopefully won't need to, if things go the way they should with my bf ;) ).

My view on gays is summed up in Tuts mums quote in my signature. :lol:

PErsoanlly, i am of the view that I dont give a dick what you do with your life, aslong as it doesn't piss me off, gofor it.

To be sincere, I came here looking for sex. Cheap sex. What else could I be searching for in a Metal Forum?

Ok, I was just kidding ¬¬

I came here looking for se... no, no. Let me start again.

I have been trying many ways to improve my English level and I have been a Forum-addicted for a year or two I decided to join some English forums. I firstly tried to join AFI's forum, but it was too crowded and I couldn't catch up with tons of new messages every hour, and I got tired of teenager-poppy-fans who were there only for AFI's last CD and always post crappy shits like "I love Davey"*, "I dreamed about AFI", "Today, a hardcore kid insulted me for listening to AFI", "NEW DAVEY'S HAIRCUT"
So I left. I have to say that I had some problems with stupid babies, there.

Later on, I decided to search for another band forum, and I tried some of them. Stratovarius one was still too big for me, Edguy's one was a bit confusing, and I don't like the band THAT much. I also tried Megadeth's one, but it was a bit dissapointing, too boring, and what's more: Megadeth are still separated. And after travelling through dozens of forums I though about COB's one. I don't know how the hell could I forget about my third favourite band (well, I think they're not my third favourite band, nowadays. At least, today they're not.). I beg your pardon :D

When I come to a forum I look for brotherhood, fellowship and good relations. I don't want fights among users nor arguments. One discussion every once in a while it's ok, a serious and polite discussion about something interesting (like the war in Irak, about religion, racism, whatever you want).

And, at last (but not least) I want, in a forum, to find incredible people, funny people and interesting and hilarious posts/jokes/links/images/etc/etc/etc... like I can find in this forum. Rock on you, people! You make this forum the best of all the band's forums in the world!

* Davey Havok, soul and singer of the Band.

NeedledWarheart said:
My view on gays is summed up in Tuts mums quote in my signature. :lol:

PErsoanlly, i am of the view that I dont give a dick what you do with your life, aslong as it doesn't piss me off, gofor it.
i was going to say "just read Needledwarheart's sig" but then i realised it would make it look like what you wanted it to look like, so i said "nah, nevermind" :p

hehe..I actually came along here for the hell of it, and to meet fellow Bodom/metal fans. I always seem to be late in joining up forums; since I only belonged to a couple before; and I admin on one. But it's been fun. :)

As for the whole selling out comment above about selling more than 2 copies of an album; that's something that never made sense to me. Hell, I am HAPPY when bands I like actually sell records. These bands are doing what they love and to see them actually making a living at it is great. Not many people can claim that what they do for a living makes them happy. One shouldn't have to live sleeping in cars and eating pretzels and hot dogs all the time. I never understood why people WANT to see their favorite bands in that kind of position. "selling out" is such a touchy term; it means something different to everyone. If I had to put my personal definiton on it; it'd go something like this: Band A is underground. They see band B with a certain sound make it huge. Band A begins sounding like band B's style JUST for the sole purpose of getting famous and being a rock star. They don't care about the music; they just want to be rockstars.

Bottom line: If you care about your music; you're not a sellout IMO.
Hell, tonight I helped sell about 250 bucks worth of CDs to a guy looking for some new metal. :D

Oh, and dilema: I have the comps almost prepared on a playlist. I should be able to make them this weekend; I am off.(it's a 2 CD compilation.) Anyone else want one; call out now! :D

Fenrir13 said:
One shouldn't have to live sleeping in cars and eating pretzels and hot dogs all the time.

i can only dream of such a lifestyle. :p

yeah i came here because i thought maybe i could trick you guys into thinking im not such an asshole. i dont think im doing too good of a job on that one.

gay people....can do whatever they want. gay guys are actually helping me out...they make that much less competition :D every other guy in the world should turn gay in fact.

SilentNightThrobbongNight said:
gay people....can do whatever they want. gay guys are actually helping me out...they make that much less competition :D every other guy in the world should turn gay in fact.
That's one joke I used to make when I didn't have my actual girfriend yet.

"The bigger is the number of gay men in the world, the bigger is the number of available girls" :D

I say it in Spanish, and the translation may be a bit cheesy.

"Cuantos más gays haya, más chicas libres para mí"

But there are gay women, too. So you have less competition, but less girls. :confused:
Anyway: i'm liberal, open-minded and tolerant. 'Live and let live' is a good philosophy. I'm scandalized at the US government trying to ban gay marriage.

About the topic: I started posting here to talk to other metalheads (since i don't know too many here) and to practise my english. After some time, i found it boring to talk about COB all the time, but I found very interesting people and had a good time. I love COB, but i think that i stay at the board because of people around here.

@raistlin-its not the government.....its the president (whos a fucktard anyways) and enough, southern baptist, biblethumping, christian, bigot cocksuckers to keep everything in a stand still. i hope to god someone other than bush wins the upcoming election. youre damn sure ill be voting for the democratic candidate and thank god its not going to be howard dean any longer

I am a very liberal person when it comes to many issues but i prefer to call myself a realist (though i get lumped into the liberal catagory.) I tend to favor a utilitarianistic standpoint on alot of issues (most amount of good for most amount of people.)

And a final note, i think people dont fully understand my reasoning behind starting the post because no one other than myself has asked much. you dont just have to say why youre here, and what your position is on whatever the current conversation. if youre from fucking mongolia and have always wondered why metalheads in azerbaijzan (sp?) wear big hoop earings to shows....this is your place to ask it. if you want to know peoples standpoints on euthanasia, ask away. its to get a better sense of the people on this board by trying to drift away a bit from the topic of music.
if it doesnt work, it doesnt work....but have fun with it :D

dilema1362 said:
@raistlin- i hope to god someone other than bush wins the upcoming election. youre damn sure ill be voting for the democratic candidate and thank god its not going to be howard dean any longer

Bush should win, ill vote for him just to see how fucked up he can make things before his time is up. :tickled:

At any rate, the whole democracy thing should be done away with. People are too stupid to make such decisions. All this I want this and I want this bullshit...who the hell needs it. Does anyone ask the gopher what he wants when you fill up his home with cement? We need a good tyrant. Then maybe the USa could take over canada and mexico just for fun. Itll be a blast. :)