I tried recording today, ITS HARD :O!

I would really start learning stuff that is not so technically challenging.

Good places to start are

Slayer
Megadeth
old Metallica
Anthrax

Those guys were the king of downpicking and rhythmical complexity back in the day. From there move onto things like Fear Factory and Meshuggah to really push your right hand. From there move into the stuff you were talking about earlier.

You need to learn to walk before you run. A shit ton of the students I teach come in with all this technically challenging music and they barely have the right hand to pull of an Iron Maiden tune ..lol

In addition get a metronome and play with it furiously sub-dividing the beat in every way possible. 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, then all the dotted versions of them. Learn to count and learn Time Signatures.

All the theory in the world doesn't do anything if you lack the technique to play what you hear in your head. Technique takes TONS of practice. Its a cunt to stay disciplined enough to do it, but in the end its worth it.

Those are still pretty hard bands to play like... Everything from Reign In Blood just makes me :cry: when i try to play it :D

Make that 5 years, and I still can't play shit. But for real, don't run until you can walk. Start with easy music and master that. Like Sepultura or Korn. When you can play that shit near flawlessly, move on to something still relatively easy but just a tad harder. Like Metallica, Deep Purple or AC/DC. And when you can play that shit near flawlessly, then something a bit harder like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. After that it doesn't get much harder playing wise from the bands you described, it just gets faster. Then try something like Slayer, Killswitch Engage or In Flames. Reserve atleast 2-3 years.

I still train everyday even these really easy picking exercises on the lowest string just to warm up, to develop stamina and rhythm, and to keep the picking hand slowly developing

I'm still learning the Sepultura and Korn songs :lol:

Buy "Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar" by Troy Stetina
Theres no better book guide for building agility and endurance.
Great thing is that it has a chapter on creativity as well/