I tried to recreate the Exodus & Andy Sneap studio setup...

Tockusa

New Metal Member
Mar 11, 2017
This one is better played cranked...I had issues with Sonar crashing so I could not mix and master it properly. One side is louder than the other. But it still sounds OK.

It's a bit mixed up because I mimic one albums setup, but play a song from an earlier album.

What do you think?

That's pretty cool! So badass you managed to get a hold of a Langner Marshall, those things are so rare and coveted.

This video makes me feel better, you've put as much effort into recreating the Tempo sound as I have recreating the Exhibit B sound! It's nice to know someone else is like me out there. :tickled: You're lucky though, because there's way more info about the Tempo tone than there is the Exhibit B tone.

That's pretty cool! So badass you managed to get a hold of a Langner Marshall, those things are so rare and coveted.

This video makes me feel better, you've put as much effort into recreating the Tempo sound as I have recreating the Exhibit B sound! It's nice to know someone else is like me out there. :tickled: You're lucky though, because there's way more info about the Tempo tone than there is the Exhibit B tone.

Thanks man! Do you have a link to yours?

It's a great tone to chase.

Andy has such an influence on my playing. Check out a 19 year old me. You can hear the Sabbat influence:

https://myspace.com/seasonsendthrash/music/songs

This one is better played cranked...I had issues with Sonar crashing so I could not mix and master it properly. One side is louder than the other. But it still sounds OK.

It's a bit mixed up because I mimic one albums setup, but play a song from an earlier album.

What do you think?

Props man! That Marshall really does sound amazing!

Thanks man! Do you have a link to yours?

It's a great tone to chase.

Andy has such an influence on my playing. Check out a 19 year old me. You can hear the Sabbat influence:

https://myspace.com/seasonsendthrash/music/songs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zqhn5rg3gagjyy/Exhibit B 825.mp3?dl=0

That's about the closest I've gotten, though that was done with a Kemper profile of the Savage 120. I haven't been able to sit with mine and actually try to get it close in a recording, though I have been styling my tone like that in the room. My rig is a TS into a Savage with a G-Major in the FX Loop providing the boost in the 800Hz area that Gary uses (I almost bought an EQ3B like he uses as well but decided it wasn't worth it, the G-Major does well enough, and I don't have room for it in my rack anyway), and I bought an ESP V, partially because I've always loved ESP and also because Lee uses one (I'm a stupid big Exodus fanboy hehe). It has a JB, I've been thinking about switching to a Custom, but I dig the JB enough to where I'm hesitant to switch without doing some A/B'ing first.

Last edited:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zqhn5rg3gagjyy/Exhibit B 825.mp3?dl=0

That's about the closest I've gotten, though that was done with a Kemper profile of the Savage 120. I haven't been able to sit with mine and actually try to get it close in a recording, though I have been styling my tone like that in the room. My rig is a TS into a Savage with a G-Major in the FX Loop providing the boost in the 800Hz area that Gary uses (I almost bought an EQ3B like he uses as well but decided it wasn't worth it, the G-Major does well enough, and I don't have room for it in my rack anyway), and I bought an ESP V, partially because I've always loved ESP and also because Lee uses one (I'm a stupid big Exodus fanboy hehe). It has a JB, I've been thinking about switching to a Custom, but I dig the JB enough to where I'm hesitant to switch without doing some A/B'ing first.

Thanks. I'll check it out when I'm not on my phone. I think a jb to a custom is kinda a sideways move. The jb is awesome. but it may get strident with the savage grind. The custom sounds slightly more modern so I'm not sure if modern on top of a modern amp tone will be very vibey.

I didn't like the G major. Probably because the knob kept shitting out on me but mostly because the sound was vanilla/digital sounding compared to my vintage racks or pedalboard. But for the money it was ok.

If I would change anything on the rig you have it would be that. But rack parametric eq's are a crap shoot. So if you like what you have then no prob.

Yeah, I'd imagine that the G-Major's EQ doesn't sound as good as say, the EQ3B or something like that. As far as everything else goes, I think the effects sound fine, but also keep in mind I only use it live. In the studio I use other things, including the EQ in the chain for the rhythm. I can control it with just a MIDI controller plugged in with a single cable, and I valued that ease-of-use over sound quality when it came to playing on stage.

Yeah, I'd imagine that the G-Major's EQ doesn't sound as good as say, the EQ3B or something like that. As far as everything else goes, I think the effects sound fine, but also keep in mind I only use it live. In the studio I use other things, including the EQ in the chain for the rhythm. I can control it with just a MIDI controller plugged in with a single cable, and I valued that ease-of-use over sound quality when it came to playing on stage.

True! My HUGE pedalboard power crapped out on one gig. It was a 70's style band with heavy reverb/rotary vibe, pitchifters etc.

I played completely vanilla. Clean and heavy channel. Dry as a bone. People who knew our songs so well they sung lyrics didn't notice my effects were gone. Nobody cares about us or our stories.