I want a new keyboard

red-forest

New Metal Member
May 17, 2007
hey everybody

I've decided to get a keyboard...but i don't have much idea about what i should get, features, brands, etc. If there is anyone here that could show me some decent keyboards that would be great. I would like to get the perfect keyboard on the first try, but i know that's not very likely to happen.

Thanks for the help

hey everybody

I've decided to get a keyboard...but i don't have much idea about what i should get, features, brands, etc. If there is anyone here that could show me some decent keyboards that would be great. I would like to get the perfect keyboard on the first try, but i know that's not very likely to happen.

Thanks for the help

what are you looking to do with the keyboard? how much do you want to pay?

I guess $500 would be a good start
I listen to mostly progressive/death metal.
I want to be able to plug it into my computer and record.

If there is anything specific you want to know just ask me, since i have no idea where to start.

I guess $500 would be a good start
I listen to mostly progressive/death metal.
I want to be able to plug it into my computer and record.

If there is anything specific you want to know just ask me, since i have no idea where to start.

If I were you, I'd just get a midi keyboard such as an M-audio Axiom 49 key or 61 key, and just use VST instrument programs (free ones too) to make the sounds on your computer.

that's what I am doing right now, but I use a cheap keystation 49e midi keyboard.

I'm not sure if you can find a $500 keyboard that has it's own sounds. Maybe on Ebay.

Do you want weighted piano-style keys or just light synth-action keys? Most prog bands use a weighted 88 key keyboard as well as smaller synth action keyboards. But those are expensive (in the $1000 range).

The Axiom keyboards seem reasonable.
But I keep seeing the word "weighted" everywhere...what does that refer to?

And if anybody else has suggestions it would be great.

Thanks again

If I were you, I'd just get a midi keyboard such as an M-audio Axiom 49 key or 61 key, and just use VST instrument programs (free ones too) to make the sounds on your computer.

that's what I am doing right now, but I use a cheap keystation 49e midi keyboard.

I'm not sure if you can find a $500 keyboard that has it's own sounds. Maybe on Ebay.

Do you want weighted piano-style keys or just light synth-action keys? Most prog bands use a weighted 88 key keyboard as well as smaller synth action keyboards. But those are expensive (in the $1000 range).

personally i find the 64 ms delay on midi keyboards absolutely unbearable, i'd much prefer a good normal keyboard, and most of them have built in midi interface as well