keyboard/MIDI controller

greenaxer

Knight of the Templar
Apr 28, 2005
A city in the sun
www.public.asu.edu
I'm looking into getting a keyboard/MIDI controller just to add some synth (background strings and stuff) and other sound effects to my recordings. I'm not really a keyboard player, but I just want something basic to accomplish this. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent keyboard (while on a budget)? I've seen some M-Audios. I'm working with Cakewalk music creator, which comes with Dreamstation DXi soft synth and ACID-format audio loop library. Could any controller work with these? Thanks

If it just basic stuff, you could try Fruity Loops ? Maybe you have heard of it, its a computer program where you can easily manipulate sounds with various instruments. Its really comprehensive, you just have to get used to it.. and I know for a fact you can get some killer keyboard sounds out of that program because I've played with it a couple times.
Keyboard on a budget ? Casio lol !

1- Fruity Loops, Reason, Pro Tools and stuff, they work with ANY kind of Keyboard/MIDI Controller, yes. =]

2- I recomend you to get a CME UF6 [a really really good MIDI Controller]. You can get good keys and controllers [knobs, sliders, wheels] for a low price [$379.00 or less]