"I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams."

He's been saying that for years. When uhh.... what was the name of the band he had with Paz? He broke up that one because he said he couldn't work in anything but the Pumpkins.

Even though I never heard their last two albums, I'm all for it because the Smashing Pumpkins were fucking awesome.

the fact that he took out "full page" advertisements in newspapers to say this ... that is what makes this weird.

"the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about."
- Oscar Wilde

I wonder how long it took him and his publicist to come up with the perfect soundbite quote, "I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams."

Publicist: Billy, we need to make a statement that will grab the public by the throat...
Corgan: Something dramatic...like I've somehow had my legacy taken away...
Publicist: And that you're fighting to take it back!!! Yes!
Corgan: how about, "Damn you, James Iha, you asian bastard..."

His solo album comes out today. I say it that way because most music stores aren't open for another half hour in my time zone. :loco:

Well maybe not, but I'll probably pick up a few SP albums I'm missing for cheap on half.com. I don't know why I never got their other crap, since Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are some of my favorite albums evAr.

Doomcifer says the new Acid King rocks. I have a tendency to trust that dude so it probably does. :loco:

In a prepared statement, Corgan addressed the kidnappers today:

"All I want is for my precious songs to be returned to me. And my car keys." [/stephen lynch]