i want swag!

over a month ago, i sent an email to stormyourbrain (at) aol.com to find out about merchandise availability, sizes, etc. in spite of a follow-up message a week later, i have not received a reply. :erk:

i then found shop.metalblade.de and browsed through the merchandise there, but it was more expensive, the selection and sizes were pretty limited, and the shopping cart is broken (adds items with $0 price and then complains that the minimum of $20 has not been reached yet even though there is $50 worth of stuff in the cart).

my question: how the hell do i get my swag? i got money in my wallet that's waiting to be spent :) any tips would be appreciated.

hm, if you had not said it already I would have told you to check out metalblade :erk: The shopping cart seems to work for me though (it added the correct prices) but I've just added some items and did not proceed any further, so I can't say anything about it.

Currently The Metal Merchant is the only online vendor I know that also has some BS shirts.

I'm not sure what will happen with the shop section on the offical site, whether Marlies will have some shirts to sell or whatever. Since Marlies is busy as hell though, I would check out the above link for a start and not wait for the shop section ;)

Oh, and HELLcome to the board! :)

Gaunerin said:
hm, if you had not said it already I would have told you to check out metalblade :erk: The shopping cart seems to work for me though (it added the correct prices) but I've just added some items and did not proceed any further, so I can't say anything about it.

Currently The Metal Merchant is the only online vendor I know that also has some BS shirts.

I'm not sure what will happen with the shop section on the offical site, whether Marlies will have some shirts to sell or whatever. Since Marlies is busy as hell though, I would check out the above link for a start and not wait for the shop section ;)

Oh, and HELLcome to the board! :)

ja suuuuupa, ey!!! :hotjump: metalmerchant has a great selection. i actually found a few mekong delta cds that are still missing in my collection, and browsing around i found lots more stuff. shipping is a bitch to california, but in this case it's worth it.

unfortunately they are a little short on brainstorm swag. a month or so ago i was ready to drop well over $50 on swag, but most of the stuff is not available on mm - oh well, at least i got a soul temptation shirt.

thanx for the tip, gaunerin, appreciate it. i'm very happy i discovered brainstorm and this forum. it opened up a whole new area for my music collection. i discovered brainstorm by accident on emusic.com, downloaded some mp3's and was hooked. bought ambiguity and metus mortis on ebay, and had my mom ship me the soul temptation digipak from germany. that's kick-ass stuff.

thanx for the "hellcome", too. metal greetings an die alte heimat :)

alex

Hellcome from me too:)

I don't know why they haven't replied you yet, as far as I know they still get those mails (though AOHell is fucked up often) - and in their words: "we are not always so quick to respond, but we do take care of it eventually".

I won't be selling any merch, that's for sure. We've tried it for a while but it was very unpractical because we don't live close to each other and I often didn't have all the items of one order and had to forward it to the band anyway.

ok, i'm getting a little pissed off right about now.

i placed an order with the metal merchant on july 27th for a brainstorm t-shirt and a few cds (mekong delta, nightwish, symphony x, etc.). i received a short generic email the next day that my order will be shipped as soon as possible.

since then, i have not heard anything from them. no status info, no shipping notification, no backorder message, nothing. i have emailed them three times now via various methods, and have not received a single reply back from them.

is this how they do business? what kinda place treats their customers like that? anybody have any feedback on them or similar experience?

Gaunerin said:
Sorry to hear that. I have ordered there only twice I think.......but I've never had any problems and got my stuff a week later or so.

well, after 7 weeks of waiting (!) i finally received a package yesterday. it only had two of the half dozen or so items i ordered. one of the two cd's was not working in 3 cd players i tried it in.

i called them on the phone and the guy i was talking to could not have been any less helpful. he did not have a copy of my original order, he could not tell me when/if the other items will be available, he could not tell me why three emails went unanswered, and he told me that the cd wouldn't work in american cd players because it was a different system. what a fucktard! i'm pissed off!

i'm gonna send the bad cd back for an exchange and then i'm never gonna do business with them again. an incompetent place like that would be out of business here in no time...

CDs have diffent systems too?? Never had a problem there luckily! It's really awful you're having such bad luck with them, I thought they had a good reputation..

The Brainstorm shop is gonna re-open soon, they're reorganizing things as we speak.