I Wish...

Yeah dude if I could scream like Henrik I would like cry! It's good to see you guys who are new to Skyfire to start liking them cause I always see you guys around the forums.

Destrruction said:
Thanx! :hotjump:
You're welcome :)
ShadowOfFire said:
Yeah dude if I could scream like Henrik I would like cry! It's good to see you guys who are new to Skyfire to start liking them cause I always see you guys around the forums.
I'm not a dude, I'm a chick!!! ;)
BTW: I've never been in a band but I just looove to scream! :)

Reactions: opacity
yeah! me too :cool:
awesome scream here Henrik!! Uncloud the sky 3:48
You fucking ruleeeeeee

Final_Vision said:
I have no vocal ability.
Neither do I, it doesn't stop me :D. I just do it for fun, nobody has to hear me, and I'm not planning on doing anything with it anyway.

And yes, Henke is amazing. I can't honestly say that I think he's human. Anyone that can do that Uncloud the Sky scream in one breath, totally naturally, has to have some kind of supernatural breath of life in their lungs. I really like that part in Blinded by Euphoria when he gets this real low growl thing going, and then brings it up into a higher scream for about 10 seconds, and then goes right into the verse having hardly finished the scream.

His vocals are perfect for Skyfire's rare breed of death metal. Kind of black metalish, especially on Timeless Departure. I also think Mikael Stanne's voice is worth mentioning. He's also got an excellent voice for Dark Tranquillity's music, but I can't picture Henke's voice working in Dark Tranquillity or Stanne's working in Skyfire. I also think that Thomas Väänänen of Thyrfing really knows what he's doing with a mic. The list could go on, but I really like Henke and Stanne, and I rarely hear Väänänen's vocals mentioned.

tomas lindberg on slaughter of the soul are the bestest vocals evar! henke on TD is up there as well. i really like the vocals on kovenant - animatronic as well. and dont even get me started on KMFDM and their 3-4 main (not counting guests) singers per album haha.
-neal

Heh, I was considering mentioning Lindberg, the guy from Kovenant (Lex Icon?), and Anders, but then I thought it sounded too much like I was just making a list. And I left Anders out because of his recent "singing." Toxine from Witchery's really good too.

yeh its lex icon, and i agree about anders. he was best from jester race to colony. clayman had a few ify parts like his scream is starting to give out. i like the kid from 'as i lay dying' a lot too. hes pretty savage.
-neal

Pekka Kokko and Henrik, all the waaaaaaay.

Pekka's got the weird superlow growl going on that I dig, and Henrik..well...yeah. I don't even need to say anything.

whos Pekka Kokko? Must be some fruity finnish group, like Kalmah :tickled:

Henrik is definitly the man. As for Anders, I liked his vocals all the way up to R2R, his glory days were TJR/Whoracle but I think he kept a good substance to them up to, and including, Clayman.

Mikael Stanne is teh winner however, his growl and clean vocals are at the top of the game IMO. Dan Swano is up there too...his growl is fuckin brutal.