I won a 5G video iPod - now I can carry all my Opeth and then some

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I love my 5gb Zen Micro for MP3's as it carries my entire Opeth collection and a total of just under 800 songs. But now I'm gonna have a player with lots more storage. I'm not sure if the iPod I won is the 30gb or 60gb version as I'm picking it up tomorrow, but it should cover most of my music needs as I have 32gb of MP3's on my computer right now.

I'm still gonna use my Axim X51v to play videos - bigger screen.

I have a Zen Micro 5 gig.
I was dissapointed with the space.
It said it would hold 2,500, but I can only fit 703 tracks.
I guess those long songs add up.

steel102 said:
howd you win it?

The radio station I listen to here in Boston (WAAF) ran a contest one morning. They asked for people to send in local myths in the town they live in, and if their email was selected to be sent to the Discovery Channels MythBusters show, they would win a video iPod. The myths about the Bridgewater Triangle in Hockomock swamp in my area are locally known, so I emailed a story about it (just quoted another source".

I got the call on my cell this morning that I won. I never really liked my sons 4th gen 20GB iPod, but I like anything that's free, and a 30 or 60 gig video iPod is a pretty good freebie.

Braighs said:
I have a Zen Micro 5 gig.
I was dissapointed with the space.
It said it would hold 2,500, but I can only fit 703 tracks.
I guess those long songs add up.

I have a 5gb Zen Micro too. I really like it. Since most of my tracks are 192kbs, I only get under 800 songs on it (which really isn't bad), but I think the Zen's battery life sucks.

I converted some 300kbs songs to 160 just to fit more on there. But I love it. Good sound quality, good touch pad, lighting. The battery life gets you through the day.

-Vintersorg- said:
I need a good/large capacity mp3 player for my eurotrip. 10 months without my music would not go down well.

Anyhoo, congrats on the win.

Go for sony, they have 30 hour battery life! They are 20gb and they hold a fair bit of music. Ive got a Zen and i regret not forkin out an extra £20 for a sony because they are phenomenal and my friends hasnt broken in 3 years. Where as most Mp3 Players fuck up quite alot (Ipods especially).

^^ Yeah man, Sony NWHD5. Over 30 hours battery life, and can hold like 13,000 aTrac songs. 20GB. They're awesome. All you need to do is get a decent set of headphones because the ones that come with the player are fit only for the trash can.

I currently have a Sony mp3 discman.. with that Atrac3plus thing... good stuff.. can get like 400 songs onto a cd.. although I've only been arsed to make one of those cds.. But the discman is fucked.. hence why I'm looking at buying an mp3 player..

Ok.. might have to get my mate to *acquire* one of these for me..

Yeah.. It's decent.. wait.. I have a list of everything on that cd posted on another forum.. *proceeds to that other forum*

EDIT: Ok, here's basically everything that's on that atrac CD:

Alchemist - Austral Alien
Amon Amarth - Vs The World
Borknagar - Quintessence
Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory
John Butler Trio - Living
Opeth - Damnation, & My Arms, Your Hearse
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
Sigur Rós - ( )
Thyrfing - Vansinnesvisor, & another random folder
Liquid Tension Experiment - Randomness
Vintersorg - Ödemarkens Son
'New Folder' - mixed songs; mainly Swedish pop music.. lol i rule
Agalloch - Of Stone, Wind and Pillor
In The Woods - Heart of Ages
Isengard - Høstmørke
Vintersorg - Randomness
'Random Shite' - mixed metal songs: OSI, Myrkskog, Nevermore, Satyricon, Alchemist, Iced Earth, Elvenking, Amorphis, Limbonic Art, Katatonia, Damaged, Destroyer 666, Burzum, Bethlehem, Darkane, Children of Bodom.... and some that's not quite metal: Foo Fighters, The Ataris, Europe, Meatloaf, AFI, NOFX, Coolio, Eminem, Warren G., Red Hot Chilli Peppers, David Bowie..
Graveland - Carpathian Wolves
The Haunted - The Haunted
Metallica - Master of Puppets

So yeah, it fits a decent amount. Just takes a fuckload of time to compress the files.

The thing with apple is - you can only fill the ipod with songs from itunes.
That's so not metal....and just as expensive....and limiting....and corporate bullshit.

Edit - I don't know nothin'